Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personal experience:

My husband was diagnosed with Chronic Mylogenous Leukemia 9 years ago.

Years before we visited some local friends. Another visiting couple was there also. We went out to dinner and they ordered a vegetarian meal. I asked why did they start eating that way. The wife was a nurse. The husband had just been diagnosed with prostate cancer. They were on a treatment that required them to take a "poison" made from almonds and also had to eat strict vegetarian.

The abscence of meat caused an enzyme needed to digest meat to "eat" the cancer cells Meat had to be avoided for at least a year. So with no meat and this drug made from almonds...he beat the cancer...without chemo.

We remembered this when my husband got Leukemia. I called her and we followed her instructions, minus the drug, but ate almonds like they were going out of style.

I believe with all my heart that avoiding the meat...saved his life, kept him from being burnt up by the chemo, helped him to tolerate the other drugs, and allowed him to work...albeit less that his typical schedule.

The email may be a hoax...but the information in it is truth.
    Nappy since November 11, 2003

BlueIsis is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all -

@ Dee - Thanks for the article. Great info.

@ Pookeylou: I lost a sister to cancer about 12 years ago. About 2 years ago my brother was diagnosed with leukemia. It would mean the world to me (and countless other napptuals) if you are able to share the details of the strict vegetarian diet that help your loved ones. I know it is not a guarentee/nor a scientifically proven method, but every bit of information helps.

Thanks
    It's All About Love!

Last Perm: Feb 2004
    Big Chop: August 2004

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all -

@ Dee - Thanks for the article. Great info.

@ Pookeylou: I lost a sister to cancer about 12 years ago. About 2 years ago my brother was diagnosed with leukemia. It would mean the world to me (and countless other napptuals) if you are able to share the details of the strict vegetarian diet that help your loved ones. I know it is not a guarentee/nor a scientifically proven method, but every bit of information helps.

Thanks
    [/b]
    My apologies Blu...I am just now seeing your response. So sorry about your sis.

When I say vegetarian, I mean no meat. No dairy.

Breakfast:

Soy milk fruit smoothies with soy protein powder and juices. He loved the pineapple and blue berry the best. I always tried to sneak in a stalk of broccoli. Sometimes he could tell, sometimes he couldn't.

The chemo changed his sense of taste, so the more vibrant the fruit the better. Mango tasted like metal. Pineapple tasted like pineapple. Do whatever will get it down, but add the soy if at all possible.

Lunch:

Brown rice, steamed vegetables with a little soy sauce. Freshly made carrot juice (every day).

Occasionally I allowed him to have a Boca Burger with rice cheese and wheat buns, but he would threaten to put bacon on it and and I decided the "burgers" were getting too close to the real thing and it was causing too much temptation so I stopped it.

Dinner:

Vegetable lasagna with rice or soy cheeses. I would doctor them with eggplant, mushrooms, anything to give it some weight. Soon he could tell no difference from his favorite meat lasagna and the veggie version.

Sweets:

Tofutti Cuties saved us, as did the rice dream ice cream and soy ice cream. We honestly prefer those to regular ice cream now.

I highly recommend the books:

8 Weeks to optimum health - Dr. Andrew Weil

The complete Vegetarian Cuisine - Rose Elliot

The Taste for Living Cookbook - Mike Milkens Favorite Recipes for Fighting Cancer
    The Taste for Living World Cookbook - Mike Milkens Favorite Recipes for Fighting Cancer and Heart Disease
    (These recipes taste like real food, but they are all vegetarian. Mike Milken had cancer).

NO MEAT, NO MEAT STOCKS...avoid it, just for a year...you may change for life, but at least if will give your own body time to fight without trying to digest and work so hard on meat. It will work on cancer instead.

I wish we still lived this way.
    Nappy since November 11, 2003

BlueIsis is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Pookeylou. I'm going to past this information on to my family and friends. I've also purchased 8 weeks to Optium Health today. I'll be reading the others too.

Thanks again.
    It's All About Love!

Last Perm: Feb 2004
    Big Chop: August 2004

chinani is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, great information. Thanks ladies.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Claim: John Hopkins hospital issued a "cancer update" detailing how cancer spreads and recommending methods for treating the disease.

hppt://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/cancerupdates.asp

Reclaim the Streets Ministries International
    ATTN: Compassion Ministry Resources Coordinator-
    Lori Burnett
    1801 State Street
    Hbg., PA. 17103
    Church: (717) 238-0588
    Toll Free: 1-877-233-8304
    Home: (717) 234-4189
    FAX: (717) 238-0588
    [url="http://www.reclaimthestreetsministries.org"]http://www.reclaimthestreetsministries.org[/url]
    email: [email]rtsm@att.net[/email] and [email]LoriBNA@hotmail.com[/email]
    [url="http://www.myspace.com/loribna"]http://www.myspace.com/loribna[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

If this is fake, shouldn't it have been taken down? Disseminating information that is KNOWN to be falsified is dangerous to those who take it as gospel because someone slapped the "Johns Hopkins University" name on it...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I agree that it should be taken down because it's not true. Some of it is just common sense nutrition laced with falsehoods. As someone who is just finishing treatment for breast cancer (last treatment 3 days ago yay!!!), I particularly resent the implication that one can somehow "prevent" cancer through diet and exercise. That is a baldfaced lie and it makes people who get cancer look like it was somehow their fault it happened. I have been on several online support groups and believe me, I have read stories from women who did pretty much everything right in terms of healthy living and still got cancer. Fact is nobody knows what causes cancer, if that information was known there probably wouldn't be many cases of cancer. The bottom line is that other than stopping smoking, there is no way to prevent cancer.

I really hope Dee decides to take this post down.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is GREAT info. Thank You!
    She whom the Son sets free is free indeed!

[url="http://www.myspace.com/shys1stgirl"]Myspace![/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot for this information Dee!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast