Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although this information might be "falsified," though I don't have cancer and hope NOT to have it ever, the guidelines/warnings set forth just seem to promote a HEALTHY LIFEstyle nonetheless. So to me, while it may/may not prevent cancer cells in my body, it certainly seems to promote healthy ones. Thanks.
    A People without the knowledge of their past history, origin, and culture is like a tree without roots.
    ~M.M. Garvey~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I agree that it should be taken down because it's not true. Some of it is just common sense nutrition laced with falsehoods. As someone who is just finishing treatment for breast cancer (last treatment 3 days ago yay!!!), I particularly resent the implication that one can somehow "prevent" cancer through diet and exercise. That is a baldfaced lie and it makes people who get cancer look like it was somehow their fault it happened. I have been on several online support groups and believe me, I have read stories from women who did pretty much everything right in terms of healthy living and still got cancer. Fact is nobody knows what causes cancer, if that information was known there probably wouldn't be many cases of cancer. The bottom line is that other than stopping smoking, there is no way to prevent cancer.

I really hope Dee decides to take this post down.
    [/b]
    :clap: :clap: Congratulations on being a survivor! May you have many more prosperous years ahead. ^_^

I really don't think however that Dee meant to offend anyone. I don't believe that she herself meant to come across as self-righteous. She sincerely tries to promote a healthy lifestyle, and even if the email was a hoax, I think that she was just trying to have our general best interests at heart with hopes that we would benefit from the tips and suggestions in some way. Many of the foods suggested in the email are good antioxidants.

I do completely understand what you're saying though. Some illnesses are preventable and some simply aren't. People who live the healthiest lifestyles still suffer from illnesses, and people do tend to get self-righteous about health.. just like everything else. Shake it off though.. you're still strong, still here and that's the important thing!
    Quit tripping on what you're wearing on your behind and get some education in your head.

Ms.Bee is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very valuable information Dee, thank you for enlightening us. I just bought pack of Orbit and it contains Aspartame. In fact many gums do so beware ladies!
    "Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin"- Muslim

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Dee for this info, and also thank you to all who posted valuable information and shared their stories thru their replies. I really appreciate it!
    “...The reality is: straightened hair is linked historically and currently to a system of racial domination that impresses upon black people, and especially black women, that we are not acceptable as we are, that we are not beautiful...”-[i]bell hooks[/i]

[url="http://members.fotki.com/1luvm3/about/"]http://members.fotki.com/1luvm3/about/[/url]
    (pw "helovesme")

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as microwaves, if you truly want to avoid getting cancer or other problems, start by NOT using microwaves. They alter food on a cellular level (google danger of using microwaves)

Of course JH would deny sending this email. Hospitals and pharma companies make millions of $ on people with illnesses such as cancer. So the last thing they would want is for people to start taking better care of themselves, because this is a disease thriving society.

People profit off of disease rather than teaching people about prevention.

Also YES Your diet and lifestyle plays a huge role in the development cancer and other dis-eases. There are numerous studies of "primitive" societies who thrived and were cancer and (for the most part) disease free before adopting the western diet of refined, processed and franken- foods.

Once they adopted the western diet and the lifestyle, they started succumbing to the degenerative diseases that currently plague us now.

Everyone doesn't get cancer simply from diet but what you take into your body, whether through food, pollution, water or YOUR MIND and YOUR SPIRIT will have an effect on YOUR BODY.
    [url="http://www.meez.com/scoobi118"][img]http://images.meez.com/user/5/2/9/5/9/8/3/5295983_bodyshot_300x400.gif[/img][/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you intice. Cancer can be result of many things not just food. Just like stress can kill so can negative thought, emotions (hurt, guilt, pain), spirit and surroundings. There is so much wrong with allopathic medicine. As soon as you accept the diagnosis and decide not to fight it yourself (research healing on your own (natural)..you have lost the battle... As dr. Lalila o afrika puts it allopthaic medicine has never found a cure, because it not in their best interest. They dont focus on (healing) the whole body just suppressing the symptoms. Cancer is cancer of the whole body (blood). The collection of cells is waste that acculmulates in one area of the body because it cant find a way out. The body has several eliminative channels but if these are blocked my mucus or negative emotion the body has to scramble to stay a float and in order to keep your body functioning it creates pockets ie cancer. "if chemotherapy or radiation therapy is so good for recovery for cancer patients (which kills all cells,makes patients sicker), then why dont healthy people get it to make them healthier." there is no such thing as remission, cells dont sleep ( they either live or die..common biology). Dont let the system lie to you. Only way to heal your body is to feed it natural things that your body functions on the help with the healing process. Look up raw food diet..detox..colon cleanse..herbs cleansing (red clover..etc) do your research before you accept anything told to you... Dont believe me ..do your own research!
    Peace and love

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting. This is helpful information.
    Love, NaturalOne

Hair Stats:

Last Perm-April 2005
    BC-January 6, 2006
    Transitioned 11 months

Favor is the door God opens that no man can shut.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i learn in my cancer bio class that taking birth control pills can help reduce the risks of ovarian cancer

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good information here!

One thing I'd like to add is the importance of balance and proper functioning within the hormone, immune, detoxification, digestion, and intestinal barrier systems.

Just as an example, estrogen dominance has been linked to the development of breast cancer. And while, there's a simple saliva test that can be done to look at your hormone levels, many people never do it.

If you'd like more information on testing, send me a PM.
    "Health is a natural state. If you have sickness, remove the causes." - Dr. Graham

For FREE tips, resources, and classes on living naturally well, visit [url]www.CamilleDangerfield.com[/url]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234