Tamala is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going back to school and I am looking for tuition friendly institutions. If you ladies are aware of any please let me know.
    I will be doing undergraduate work.

Thank you in advance.
    "The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for."

Don't settle for the one you can live with.
    Wait for the one you can't live without.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What state do you reside in? What is your intended major?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Community College for your AA degree, state college or university for your BA/BS degree.

'Nuff said?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^I would agree. As long as you are going to a state school (they tend to be cheaper than private ones) the tuition is pretty much going to be around the same price (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I think the variations that come in with state tuition have to do with housing costs, meal plans, and student fees. I think state HBCUs are also a bit cheaper, but in that case, you are probably gonna get what you pay for (I went to 2 HBCUs myself and even more state universities and colleges).

Community college is about the cheapest college credit you will find, so take as many classes as you can there to save money. You may also be able to recieve college credit from taking the CLEP exam, I took the College Algebra CLEP exam in 1999, and I think it was $125. That saved me some $$$ as well, just be sure you check the school's policy on how many CLEP exams you can take to recieve credit.

In addition, see what scholarships are available through the school as well as outside sources. I am always suprised at how many people stress about paying for school and never look into the plethora of scholarships out there. Write the schools you are interested in and see what they have. Do web searches. And fastweb.com is a GREAT site for finding scholarships. The registration process takes a long time, but they are very thorough to be sure they can find as many scholarships as possible that you qualify for.

Good luck!
    God Bless!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every school can be inexpensive. It all depends on how closely you work with the financial aid office. I go to a public school but my friends at Harvard and Yale are paying less than I do (like 20,000 dollars less) for tuition :rolleyes:.

But don't not choose a school just because of how much it costs. Choose it because it caters to what you are studying.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are interested in teaching or the computer field and want to attend an online college, I recommend Western Governors University. They are very affordable and the Teachers College is great! For what you would pay for a BA at other colleges, you can receive a BA and MA from Western Governors.
    Livin.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

State school.

neveah is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it also helps if you go to college in an area where the cost of living is not high. I've heard that the state of Kansas has some kind of a great deal for people that go to college there. This happened a couple of years ago, so I don't know if that offer still stands today. But try to check out states that cheaper, i.e. not popular like New York and California.