Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Scabs On Scalp

this week, ive pulled 2 scabs from my hair. i know its not dandruff because the color is dark and i can literally peal the skin from my scalp. they arent big- one was more like a mound that was the size of half a pencil eraser whereas the other one (that im removing now :Angry is flat and is the size of a large spec of dandruff. should i be concerned about this? they remind me of the scabs that i used to get after a re.laxer but lighter and smaller. i dont scratch my head much so i dont think its because im breaking the skin. also when i poo or do a condish rinse, i rub my scalp rather than scratch it.

should i see a doctor? is this normal?!?!?!
    current stats: locked, shoulder length; started from loose napps past shoulders
    Dec 26 2004: last re.laxer

ms_rite is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to suffer with scabs a lot!! I have eczema on and off throughout my life, I've more or less out grown it, but I would have the scabs on my scalp - that was whilst having re.laxed hair and natural and my scabs were much bigger than the one you described.

Now I'm locing I haven't had any - and I was really worried about that. Maybe its because I'm not combing or brushing my hair and disturbing my scalp....I also don't have dandruff or dry scalp that used to be a big problem when my hair was loose.

3. Thanks KreativeKoils thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont have eczema though ill be honest- my scalp has been dry and ive had more dandruff than normal ever since winter. im one of those people who NEVER has dandruff to the point where you can see it but once winter hit... <_<

thats weird that you dont have scabs since locing. maybe we have sensitive scalps? this has never really happened before :*(
    current stats: locked, shoulder length; started from loose napps past shoulders
    Dec 26 2004: last re.laxer

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This happens to me all the time...espcially after I get braids. I don&#39;t know what it is. Its worse than the ones I used to get when I got a chemical fire cream.

ms_rite is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely do have sensitive skin, when I&#39;m unwell, run down, or stressed out it will always show in my skin, hair or scalp. I dont know if you have a similar problem.

I used have scabs when I wore braids too, I think I was allergic to the hair.

Reviews
    Read Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

I&#39;ve had scabs on my scalp even before I went natural. Some scabs go away, some don&#39;t. I&#39;ve had one on the back of my head for awhile now and I got my friend to use a bobby pin to squeeze it out. It worked, the scab has decreased in size alot, but I don&#39;t recommend doing this. It hurt alot.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@SJ
    The scabs are kind of like scales right? If so, you have dermatitis. Specifically serborheic dermatitis. Go to a dermatologist and they will prescribe shampoos and creams. Some work some don&#39;t. I&#39;ve noticed I scale really bad right before my period. I flake all day long.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

washing with Dr. Bonner Shampoo and oiling scalp with food gr4ade organic coconut oil totally healed my scalp of dandruff, scale, flakes and scabs.

Mine use to be heat and product induced. Never had them with P.e.r.m.s.

definitely a form of dermitis. The scalp gets so inflamed that is oozes a pus as a protective measure. the reult is a dried scab ot scales similiar to cradle cap.

GROSS GROSS GROSS
    makes me itch just to type about it

hope you get relief soon!
    <div align="center">[SIZE=2]<div align="center"><span style="color:#009900">Treat your body as good as you treat your hair
    [url="http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/index.php"]RAW FOOD TALK[/url]
    tell them lifeAgift sent you </div> [/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awww, dang. :taz:

I get those scabs too. But :icon_thinkerg: I have eczema. So maybe I don&#39;t have to go to anymore dermatologists this year... :unsure:
    [color=#993399]Happily Nappy since February 11, 2006.[/color]

Formerly Rhoyalti

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the tip life

i get this too and at first i thought it was folliculitis but i examined one of those suckers before it popped (gross i know sorry for the tmi) and there wasnt a hair in the root. the dry scalp makes alot of sense.

ive started spraying tea tree oil on the spots i get this for the antibacterial/antiseptic help. im going to try the coconut oil. i think i can get some at trader joes or whole foods.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast