Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: First Time Cruise

I really want to take one or two cruises this year so I've been searching online to see if I could find a good deal. Something that counts against me though is being a single traveler. Vacations are always more expensive when one is alone... So, I'm trying to persuade my mother to come with but she's being non-committal...

I want to take a 7 day cruise for Thanksgiving and maybe a 3 or 5 day cruise somewhere in the summer or early fall. The western and southern carribean cruises are really calling my name.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by assia View Post
    I really want to take one or two cruises this year so I've been searching online to see if I could find a good deal. Something that counts against me though is being a single traveler. Vacations are always more expensive when one is alone... So, I'm trying to persuade my mother to come with but she's being non-committal...

I want to take a 7 day cruise for Thanksgiving and maybe a 3 or 5 day cruise somewhere in the summer or early fall. The western and southern carribean cruises are really calling my name.
    Assia, if you can, make it happen. I just booked a Western Caribbean cruise for October 2015. I'm going with a friend. I've been watching cruise vlogs and I can't wait to hit the boat.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

3. Likes assia liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chachadiva View Post
    Assia, if you can, make it happen. I just booked a Western Caribbean cruise for October 2015. I'm going with a friend. I've been watching cruise vlogs and I can't wait to hit the boat.
    Can you recommend some cruise vlogs for me?

One big issue for me is that I won' feel comfortable booking my reservation until April... I feel I should wait until my probation period is over and until I have fully funded my IRA for 2014 before I drop $1000 on a cruise or any vacation. Would I still be able to get any good deals then?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by assia View Post
    Can you recommend some cruise vlogs for me?

One big issue for me is that I won' feel comfortable booking my reservation until April... I feel I should wait until my probation period is over and until I have fully funded my IRA for 2014 before I drop $1000 on a cruise or any vacation. Would I still be able to get any good deals then?
    There a lot of cruise vlogs. Just go to youtube and type in "cruise vlogs" or "cruise." There are vlogs from singles, honeymooners, families with small children, and older couples who just chill on the ship.

You should still be able to get some good deals We found our cruise on http://www.cheapcruises.com/default.asp. If you are a member of any travel related programs like Hilton Honors or know a travel agent, they may be able to book the cruise at the same prices.

Also, you can put down a deposit now to hold your cabin and pay the rest closer to departure. Be sure to ask about their cancellation policies.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Chachadiva!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234