Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all! I would love to treat myself with a cruise post graduation but I don't know much about it. What were some great cruise lines you've traveled with, where were your stops, and how did you prepare?

Thanks!
    a daughter, lover, teacher, poet
    a human being Divine &
    learning this living I'm loving

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. I don't want to go on Carnival unless I am broke and/or want to party and be around partiers all day and night. Both cruise lines were great, although Celebrity had that extra special touch to everything and was more for adults. Royal Caribbean was geared towards families but it was still nice.

My honeymoon I went on Celebrity 7 day cruise to Dominican Republic, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Nassau. For our 1 year anniversary, we went on Royal Caribbean to Mexico.

It's easier to prepare for your cruise once you recieve your packet. I got a full itinerary in the mail and the packet also explained everything about the cruise - the ports, the ship amenities, shore excursions, etc. You can also check this stuff out online. Once you know what to expect on the trip, it makes it easier to pack.

It's also good to make a budget as well. All the shore excursions look so great that you'll want to do all of them. Plus the ships have lots of shopping, not to mention lots of ports have great shopping. In addition, your room key can be linked to a charge card, so it's very easy to get out of control with the spending, so plan before you go because you'll be tempted many times to spend money (I am pretty good with money and I still was tempted). Since there's plenty of good, all-you-can eat food, you won't really have to worry about food - just soft drinks and alcohol on the ship.

I love cruises, and if you like to travel to new places and see new things and meet new people, you'll have a blast! Good luck!

ETA - it is also a good idea to check the weather of the places you are travelling to. Some places are colder than you think at certain times of the year and it can limit your options and/or totally change what you pack to wear. Check weather.com for the average temperature almanac.
    God Bless!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been on Carnival: Destiny and Serenade of the Sea.

They are considered "Fun ships". They have a lot of activities on the ship. I enjoyed both, but I would say Serenade of the Sea had more my age group at the time (27).

[b][color=#3366FF]Do not make someone a priority, when they see you as an option.

Lot's of Hugs & Chocolate Kisses[/color][/b] [img]http://images.meez.com/user13/4/1/7/3/6/6/8/4173668_bodyshot_175x233.gif[/img]

[url="http://phatdoo.spaces.live.com/photos/"]You want to look at Phatdoo <------Click on it?[/url]

Fotki pics: [url="http://www.fotki.com/phatdoo"]IT&#39;S ALL RANDOM[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your into spa services book them immediately when you get on the ship. The best days to book them are on "sea days" (days where you do not dock anywhere).

If your going to popular destinations, you can find shore excursions on your own with other major companies i.e. gray line tours etc ...

I am partial to Celebrity (use to work for them) & Royal Carribbean. I have been on Carnival (as a child). I think at this point in my life I would not want to do Carnival unless I had children. The quality is no good in my opinion.

If you like to participate in activities you will find out you will go home with free stuff & certificates to use on the ship.

Bon Voyage
    -B
    The blog I am really feeling these days ~ The Field Negro

Yep, I&#39;m one of those CNapp chicks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went on my first cruise last year for a destination wedding to St Thomas. It was on RC - Serenade of the seas, we got a really good group rate since there were like 100 of us. We had a blast especially the kiddies. There were adult night activities onboard for the older crew oncethe kids were down for the nightand the food was really good especially at dinner. Exercise if you can; I gained 12 pounds in 7 days from all the stuff I ate.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two questions...

1. What&#39;s wrong with Carnival? I wanna know the dirty truth before I get locked into something!

2. Are spa services on the boat free? If not how expensive are they?
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/PharmLee/"]http://public.fotki.com/PharmLee/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. What&#39;s wrong with Carnival? I wanna know the dirty truth before I get locked into something!
    [/b]
    Weeeeellll, I grew up in South Florida, so many folks cruised on Carnival out of the ports. Their fares are usually cheaper than the other lines. I have been told their service and amenities aren&#39;t as nice as Royal Caribbean or Celebrity. To me, Carnival had that reputation and image of a &#39;party ship&#39;, lots of college spring breakers take Carnival. A lot of folks that go on Carnival (especially if the fare is cheap and the trip is short) to me are college students and young folks who want to get as drunk as possible as soon as possible and party all night. Or they are people who just can make your trip unpleasant beacuse they seem to lack common courtesy/class or have a bunch of bad behind kids running around. Now mind you I am hecka stereotyping here, but I believe that when you are bound to a ship and can&#39;t go anywhere even if you wanted to, you get what you pay for, and I don&#39;t want to pay to be around a bunch of cheap, loud, drunk people with no class. I&#39;d rather not take any chances. I love my cruises and would be super pissed if other folk on the ship ruin my trip after I&#39;ve paid a few hundred dollars to relax and enjoy myself.

Mind you, I have friends and family who have gone on Carnival and loved it. I think the NP cruises have been on Carnival and folks enjoyed themselves (but then again I would think that would be a partying event) Maybe it&#39;s because I spoiled myself out the gate by going with a 1st class line on my first cruise, so going from them to Carnival would be like going from the Waldorf Astoria to The Red Roof Inn...

2. Are spa services on the boat free? If not how expensive are they?
    [/b]
    HECK NO!!! No service on the ship is free except for meals and even then they would like for you to leave a tip for all your dinner attendants. Spa services can run I wanna say about $100/hr., but then again it can depend on who you are crusing with. I am sure you can look up the info online, and they most def will send you info in the mail or a link for you to look up all the ship info because they want you to spend $$$ left and right on their services...
    God Bless!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:lol: Thanks Lilshortrib...I guess I&#39;m quite naive to the game! I really appreciate your comments/honesty
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/PharmLee/"]http://public.fotki.com/PharmLee/[/url]

Aquadri is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually love Carnival. I sailed on Imagination in 05 and I&#39;m going in July. I&#39;m 25, my sisters are 28 and 23. We may be cheap, but we certainly have class and we had a ball. I didn&#39;t have any trouble with drunk partiers.

If you want a more laid back cruise, try to go when school is in session. If you want to party with young folk (like I do) go during the summer.

Try going through a travel agent instead of Carnival. Trust me, if anything bad goes down, your TA will have your back. For instance, on my last cruise we got stuck in Tropical Storm Katrina and had to stay at sea for an extra two days. Everyone who booked through Carnival had to stand in lines practically overnight to try to get new flights and/or hotel accomodations. It was a mess! But my sisters and I booked through Liberty Travel and as soon as our TA got the news, she booked us a hotel and new flights. Before we even got a chance to call her! So instead of fighting lines and stressing, we got to enjoy the two extra days.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We&#39;re going on our first cruise in Dec with Carnival. I like the website: Cruise Critic Its been helpful, but u make the cruise what u want it to be. Im going with an open mind and ready to have a good time and relax away from my children lol.

Have fun!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast