Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been using the nappy cruise as my kid's vacation, they seemed to enjoy the ship, especially the round the clock ice cream and pizza! :lol: Nonetheless if I was alone I prolly wouldn't choose it unless it was during the school year with the likelihood that a bunch of bally hooing youngins being on board....
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My family and I went on the Napp cruise last year on Carnival and we really enjoyed ourselves. I'm in my 40's and I felt comfortable, there were activities for all kinds of people. Unfortunately we can't come on this year's cruise, we planned to but we'll have to cancel.

I second the recommendation for Cruisecritic.com, also try cruisemates.com. They give reviews of all the cruise lines.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two questions...

1. What's wrong with Carnival? I wanna know the dirty truth before I get locked into something!

2. Are spa services on the boat free? If not how expensive are they?
    [/b]
    In regards to Carnival, I have cruised with them - not a fan. But I can give you insight from an EMPLOYEES side. When I worked for Celebrity/Royal Carribbean, many of the employees from Carnival transferred to Celebrity, Royal, Princess, etc . .. They stated that the work enviornment on Carnival ships were lax, management did not value employees, partied hard with & without cruise guests. They use to always talk about how there uniforms did not have to be of a certain standard or they wore what they wanted. Also, some told me stories that I found rather unbelievable (& believable if you catch my drift). Many said that it was like night and day working for Carnival versus the other cruise lines. Structure is what you find with employees on other cruise lines. This is important for safety reasons for cruising guests.

Now, I am not saying that Carnival is a bad cruise line. But when EMPLOYEES talk about how lax and "crazy" it was working for another company, I wondered how it was for the cruising guest. Carnival is affordable for many and it markets itself for the budget and family oriented people. But if you have not cruised on other cruise lines and all you have to go by is Carnival, I am sure you will look at Carnival in a different light.

SPAS - Yeah sorry you got to pay. Sometimes they may have discounts for odd times of the day.
    The blog I am really feeling these days ~ The Field Negro

Yep, I'm one of those CNapp chicks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad I found this thread. I haven't been getting good reviews on Carnival at all BUT this is the cruise my mom wants to go on. This is our first cruise and we would really like to go on Disney Cruise or the Princess Cruise, but my mom doesn't want to pay the prices. We shall see.
    Natural Hair is beautiful no matter the texture!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went on a Carnival cruise during May. There were not a bunch of kids. Neither were there a bunch of drunk people running around. If you want to avoid Spring Breakers my suggestion is to avoid cruising during Spring Break. I'll go another Carnival cruise in a heartbeat. Btw I'm in my thirties.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work for Carnival and I love the ships and not just saying that because I work there. The service on our ships is excellent as well as the food. The workers never knew I worked at the Carnival Headquarters and always gave exceptional service. My waiter from my first cruise remembers me and calls me by my name whenever he sees me on a cruise and it's usually months before he sees me. I was quite shocked that he remembered since he has many passengers that he has to serve.

We are known as the fun ships but if you don't want to participate,, there are plenty of other activities for you to do. I haven't seen kids running all over because the children love the Camp Carnival that is on the ship. Camp Carnival has scheduled activities for the kids from in the morning till 10pm. A wide range of age groups are on each cruise, not just college and spring breakers . I've been on 8 cruises and I have not seen a bunch of drunk people running around or loud and crazy guests.

The cabins on Carnival are bigger then the other cruise lines. I have guest call me all the time after their cruise to tell me how much fun they had and that they loved how much space they had to actually move around in their cabin compared to the other cruise lines. Guest who have cruise on the other lines always say that they love Carnival's service and that our food is better. Some guests were even hesitant to book because of some of the negativity they hear but when they go on the cruise they completely disagree and love their experience and already want to book their next cruise,

Basically your cruise experience is what you make out of it. I love cruising. I have already cruised twice this year and have another one in October and in December. I personally love the 3 day cruise to the Bahamas because it's nice to get away for the weekend. I am looking forward to my 7 Exotic Western Caribbean Cruise in December because we are going to Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan(Honduras), Cozumel and Belize

Cruising is wonderful because you basically get to sample different islands. You can always plan a trip to the islands you fall in love with and spend more time there. Once you pay for your cruise, your accommodations is taken care of, all your meals are included( on Carnival we have 24 hour pizzeria, 24 ice cream machine and 24 hour complimentary room service) and activities on the ship. In regards to gratuities(tipping), you have the option of prepaying it so that's one less charge to worry about or it will automatically be charged when you get on the ship. The fee for Carnival is $10 a day which is way less then what you would spend in tips if you were to eat out the way you do on the cruise. The spa treatments are very nice on the ship. My favorite is the Hot Stone Massage. I get one every time I cruise.

I hope this helps. If anyone has any additional questions pertaining to Carnival, feel free to PM me and I will be more then happy to answer them
    [color=red]Natural since January '01[/color]

[color=blue]Started Loc Journey 2/16/04[/color]

[url="http://www.fotki.com/NappyRed76"]My Hair Album[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DH took our first cruise last year on Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas and had an awesome experience. The shows were outstanding, much better than the "cheesy" cruise ship entertainment I had envisioned. The food was really good, the staff was friendly, and the activities were fun. The room was quite small and I learned that I will never get an interior stateroom again!!! My reasoning for getting that class of room was that it was cheaper and I figured I would only use my room for sleeping, showeing, and changing.

Well this year, we booked another cruise. I was satisfied with RC and wanted to sail with them again. But when it came down to finding a cruise, Carnival seemed to be the better deal. The price was about $175 cheaper per person than RC for the same type of room. This time we decided we're getting a balcony. I was a bit apprehensive about going on Carnival, but I read the reviews for the ship we're going on and I was sold. So many people have had positive experiences on the Carnival Legend. I booked the trip and have no regrets. Our cruise leaves out of Tampa on September 14th. I don't expect a lot of kids, but kids don't bother me anyway. It's the kids with the bad behavior that irk me. But then again, I have been around some bad behaving adults during my travels...LOL! We are so excited. Only 53 days left!!!! I'll let y'all know how it goes. I expect nothing but good times.

[url="http://lilypie.com"][img]http://lilypie.com/pic/070814/9myO.jpg[/img][img]http://b2.lilypie.com/BBjhm4/.png[/img][/url]
    [url="http://lilypie.com"][img]http://lilypie.com/pic/070814/Rv0W.jpg[/img][img]http://b4.lilypie.com/olY8m4/.png[/img][/url]

Drink apple juice, O.J. will kill you.

msdeevan is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not an employee of Carnival like NappyRed but I must say I have cruised on Dolphin ,Carnival , Norwegian and just recently RC and I must say that I have enjoyed Carnival the most.

As far as Carnival not being classy enough I have to disagree. I cruised to Europe on the Carnival Legend and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. I have never in all my cruises encountered a drunken crowd or whatever of course on any ship where you have a couple thousand people with access to all the liquor they want to pay for I have seen a drunk person on every cruise line I've traveled on but nothing like was described earlier.

We just returned from a vaca on RC Explorer of the seas. I booked with them thinking that we were going to have a great relaxing vaca cause I always heard that they were classier and drew a more sophisticated crowd than Carnival (their owned by the same co.) unfortunately we booked at the wrong time and the ship was full of kids just out of school. It wasn't the ships fault and we still enjoyed ourselves but overall I like Carnival much better. The food on Carnival was better to me and the 24 hour food availability on Carnival was missed by us on RC. One day we missed lunch, it was over at 3pm and we had to wait until dinner which was at 8:30. I also missed the famous Carnival comfort beds.

I just booked another cruise on Carnival for next May on one of their new ships, The Splendor and I'm also considering a cruise in August on Carnival..

I think that the destination and the time of year have to do with the crowd that you'll have on a cruise . For example When we went to Europe the ship was filled with older, retired people .

The only time I experienced a generally rude crowd but it didn't effect me was on Norwegian when it was spring break so we experienced hearing some late night partying and going from room to room but it wasn't a deal breaker. We just generally didn't like Norwegian.

Cruising is the greatest vacation to me for the value. We are coming up on our 10th cruise and I would highly recommend Carnival to anyone.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was trying to do a RC cruise over the xmas holiday but I see more choices on Carnival....my kids and I had a good time on all the nappy Carnival cruises and I was too pooped after the excursions to do anything...but my daughter had a blast at the teeny bopper thing and met some friends so I barely saw her except dinner time and that's IF she and her posse weren't in the mood for sushi! :lol:

I think we went in August both times....
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey OneBlood!

LilShort Rib says “It's also good to make a budget.” And “HECK NO!!! No service on the ship is free except for meals and even then they would like for you to leave a tip for all your dinner attendants. Spa services can run I wanna say about $100/hr.” ITA

Sabreena98 says “It's also good to make a budget.” I don’t really exercise and I don’t gain weight on a cruise.

Aquadri, well, I had to adjust her statement because I truly believe she meant to say “We may be <strike>cheap</strike> economical, <strike>but</strike> we certainly have class and we had a ball. I didn&#39;t have any trouble with drunk partiers.” Aquadri, I hope you don’t mind . We are economical too (which is why we can take a few vacations a year.)

Vonshair, MsShel330 said look at cruisecritic and cruisemates. ITA.

MsShel330 said “I&#39;m in my 40&#39;s and I felt comfortable, there were activities for all kinds of people.” We are just alike.

Nuberianne cruised during ‘kid heavy” times and was not bothered. ITA.

NappyRed said “We are known as the fun ships but if you don&#39;t want to participate, there are plenty of other activities for you to do. I haven&#39;t seen kids running all over because the children love the Camp Carnival that is on the ship. Camp Carnival has scheduled activities for the kids from in the morning till 10pm. A wide range of age groups are on each cruise, not just college and spring breakers . I&#39;ve been on 8 cruises and I have not seen a bunch of drunk people running around or loud and crazy guests. Basically your cruise experience is what you make out of it.” ITA, especially with the bolded parts.

I’ve only cruised twice so I am not the most experienced. Both times were Carnival out of Tampa. First the Sensation (Thanksgiving week) then the Inspiration (6/30/08 – 7/5/0. Had a good time on both. I don’t do all the activities on the ship. Both times I never sat on the deck during the day (too hot and I am dark enough) and I’ve not watched the crazy contests they have like the hairiest chest contest or ice carving. Unfortunately, I don’t meet a lot of people on the cruise except my dinner table partners. Lots of people socialize tons – I’m there with DH and DD, enjoying them. Now I do spend money on shore excursions, port of call souvenirs, and I do go to the spa.

The food and the weight gain thing. Before I board, I commit not to eat stuff that I could get at home and not to waste stomach space on starches such as any kind of potato, rice, bread (except for fried bakes at the Caribbean buffet), salads (lettuce-based) and soda. There are too many other things to try….so…..try everything. Even the lobster/shrimp dinner, which comes with broccoli….I can get broccoli at home….may I have two portions of the lobster/shrimp please? Carnival also let us board with bottled water and one bottle of wine per adult. We did. We also took snacks for the room…you know, nibble-type things (nuts, cereal bars, etc.). I also look forward to local cuisine from the ports of call. Also, as diet unfriendly as this sounds, we take the late seating for dinner (8:15pm) so that we could enjoy the day and not be rushed.

You see I changed my avatar just for you.

Have fun!

Tootles!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast