Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive come to the point where plain old coconut oil tames the ashies 1 million times better than my stupid lotions. same with my shea butter and sweet almond butter mixes. they also have staying power/ last longer. i also love what they and some of my commercial hair products (all natural) do to my hair. im about to give up on commercial lotions and stick with my homemade ones... ill must forfeit having lotions that smell nice until i learn how to work with scented oils that are both good for the skin and the hair

anyone at this point?

also, any good scents that you guys would recommend that? im a HUGE fan of fruity/ sweet smells but im willing to try anything. what types of scented oils are good for both the hair and the skin (ie. is there a specific name/ type that i should only use)? where do you buy yours (im eyeing the oils on FNWL)? if i add a scented oil to a butter, must i melt the butter and mix the oil or is it fine to just whip it in?
    current stats: locked, shoulder length; started from loose napps past shoulders
    Dec 26 2004: last re.laxer

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Body Shop's Strawberry Fragrance Oil smells amazing.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been using 100% natural products for my hair and skin for almost 2 years now. I go for a facial once a month and the lady lets me bring my own products with me so I am right there with you . I am actually mixing up a batch of body butter now (shea butter, cocoa butter and coconut oil)

My scent is not fruity, just equal measures of lavender, ylang, ylang, geranium and patchouli but I would like to experiment more and have been checking out other essential oils.

I thought that mandarin smells divine and also vanilla so will probably purchase these soon.

My Fotki

Why are you trying so hard to blend in when you were born to stand out

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i find for me yes homemade is the way i make my soap and poo and i mix my own conditioner. at this time i have no store bought hair products in my house and the lotion that is still here is used by guest because my soap moisturizes my body i dont need it

this is one reason i started my challenge so ppl can learn they dont need to buy the store to get what the need

so i say give homemade a try start small and see how it works for you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most def...I just whip up one of my own butters, or use just plain coconut oil and my skin feels a lot better. Recently I decided to try a cheap suave lotion, and my skin wasn't havin' it, I was itchin' so badly...
    ...I do it so good I don't need nobody else...

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet at a time
    What's your hurry, everyone will have his day to die
    If you choose to pull the trigger, should your drama prove sincere
    Do it somewhere far away from here...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with u. i am a very ashy person and i have tried everything and nothing worked until i met carol's daugher about 6 yrs ago. since then i have made my own or used other handcrafted products with all natural ingredients. I have found that these handcrafted products work best on me and my family. I have recently been making stuff for my face, hair spritz and i have a recipe i want to try for a body butter.

As far as smell, u can use essential oils or fragrance oils. If you want a fruity scent that will probably be a fragrance oil. I've gotten those from the vendors in the mall. i think aveda and bath and body works have customizble blends too.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let me tell you. i started using only shea butter on my face, but one day i had to do a photoshoot and didnt want to look too greasy so i used a pharmacy bought conditioner. my skin was like yeah right heffa! and then i let an associate use my shea butter on his super duper ashy hands and it absorbed right in and took the ash away. three hours later he had taken a shower and went to use lotion and it didnt work anymore. hint? natural stuff works better than store bought stuff!

oh, if you like fruity scented things, try scents like papaya, watermelon, watermelon vanilla (my own personal combo) blueberry, fruit punch, cucumber melon...wait, let me pm you.
    Thanks to my angel who made me PANK again!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No matter what commerical product I try, I always find myself going back to natural homemade products.
    Shea butter, castor oil, oilive oil/ black soap :wub:. The shea butter help with the ashyness and also with the discoloration of my face. That I got from using product with perfume. Now I just need to find another natural saop besides black soap.
    Owning The Power To Control My Destiny So, That I Can Have Choices!

Building My Best Body by Getting HEALTHIER,FIT & STRONGER

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...C1c/weight.png