Thread: 40 By 40

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had to add that I worked out 100 minutes yesterday!!! But before you pat me on the back...I did it because of a can of Pringles my horrible Husband brought in here. It seems like once I have a taste of the crap...like an addict that has been clean and sober for 30 days and gets a vial of crack waved in their face...I relapsed.

I was doing so good.

On my way to walk right now and to the grocery store to have better choices on hand when my "pusher" unwittingly tempts me.

Best wishes this weekend 40/40 clubbers![/b]
    I'm glad you brought this up because if you want to loose weight you have to have what Dr. Phill calls a "fail proof" environment.

I also like to know my devils and have a plan to deal with cravings, because trying to white knuckle it out only leads to failure.

Like I love chips... so I don't buy them I buy Ranch or Bar-b-que sunflower seeds just to much... or if I want hummus, guacamole or salsa I buy TRADER JOE'S FLAX CHIPS that have like 8 net carb and trust the flax seed fill you up so you can't eat a whole bag.

To make sure I have a "serving" I put things like nuts, chips, etc... into single serving ziploc bags so I am AWARE if I have more than I should, and I know when I am eating that extra service and it is a choice, not an unconscious decision.

My other trick is if I go out to eat I have a BIG SALAD at home first... that way I can eat 1 slice of pizza enjoy it and be full afterwards, I also do this at home or before any potentially tempting meal.

For my sweet tooth I stick to SKINNY COW bars or when we go out its gellato (half the fat and sugar than regular ice cream but it is yummy, with a very rich mouth feel)

But my point is... if I have a problem with it, I don't bring it in the house, period. And I try to deal with my trigger foods BEFORE they become binges ~W
    GET INSPI(RED)

You gotta be grateful you need haters
    What are you complaining about
    What do you think a haters job is
    To hate
    So let them do their job ~ Katt Williams

SO BE IT ~W

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

down 2.6, what a relief that even with the monthly bloat and a couple donuts I still lost!
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey ya'll! Back from a food filled, low exercise weekend. However some of the tricks really worked. I divided everything I ate in half. Always the salad and non cream based soups first. Drank water with each meal and was able to get in a mile of walking.

I didnt get totally derailed and I am not dwelling on getting off track. My scale at home says I am down another three, but remember I dont weigh in until next week. I am really hoping for 6 to 8 pounds down.

Back on track and walking my butt off again. These first two days were difficult to get in my rhythm but I plan on increasing my distance by the end of this week.

Keep it up you all. Just make your small goals for the week and we can accomplish the end goal.
    Nappy since November 11, 2003

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How's it goin ya'll? My walking has fallen all off, bet I ain't lose an ounce this week! I actually only have 6 ounces to go to get to my 25 pound milestone and hoping I can pull it off. Every day this week I had a kid function/activity to attend so I didn't get home til 9pm or later most nites thus no walking....maybe I just need to hit the gym in the mornings to make sure I get it in cause not doin it at all is NOT gonna work for me....
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I DID IT, I DID IT! Hit the 25 pounds and 10% I am beyond ELATED! This is just the nudge I need to work towards the next goal. They ain't neva seen someone so excited about getting a key ring and a magnet I'm sure! :lol: The leader and I had a chance to chat and she told me she sees me poke my head in every few months the past 4 years....yup ya'll that's how long it's been I been on....then off...then on....this time I was just tired, time to do something different - like exercise and not expect my diet to do all the work! The pedometer is strapped on at all times and I know every step counts....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm back...brief set back (over doing it on the ankle, sinus infection brought me to a complete halt) but fortunately my weight did not go up, so I did not undo all the good work I had done.

SAVVYONE!!!! You go girl!!!! Ok...you just sent a spark of energy in me to keep going. Getting my walking shoes on now and heading to the mall!!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's right girl, keep going....yesterday I got caught in the rain and had to RUN home...and I didn't pass out! :lol:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weighed in last night....4.8 POUNDS DOWN!!!!

After the setback...I now have 23.2 pounds to go and 5 weeks to do it.

I am going to have to work my butt OFF!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got 32 pounds and 9 weeks to do it. I've ramped up my walking to 5 miles a day, 10000+ steps, I knew I had pushed myself to the burn when by the time I got back home my legs felt like they couldn't go one more step!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got 32 pounds and 9 weeks to do it. I've ramped up my walking to 5 miles a day, 10000+ steps, I knew I had pushed myself to the burn when by the time I got back home my legs felt like they couldn't go one more step!
    [/b]
    Dang Savvyone!!! You are burning it up! You've got plenty of time. Really that averages out to 3.5 pounds a week you would need to lose. I don't know how it is where you are, but you can sweat that off here just sitting outside!

I hope to get back to my "25 miles per week" at least. My Podiatrist visit is at 3:00 pm today. Every step is painful and has really decreased my walking to no more than 3 days a week, 30 minutes at a time. If I can get this problem, whatever it is, resolved without having to stay off of it a few weeks, I will be in good shape.

Keep it up...everybody!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast