Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The title pretty much says it all....

I got a trim yesterday and had to get more cut than I expected in order to get hair length even. The perimeter was longer than the crown. Have to let go of ponytails to give the crown a rest. A bit low on confidence at the moment to wear my own hair out.... Looking for encouragement and hairstyles that I can do at home and wear.

My hair is fine, thin, dense.
    [SIZE=2][color=#663366]My personal style: Bohemian Glamour![/color]

Date of last and final chemical fire cream: [color=#CC6600]September 16, 2005[/color]
    Date of Big Chop: [color=#6600CC]July 26, 2006 (10-month transition)[/color]

"I am sure that God Who began the good work in me will keep on working in me until the day Jesus Christ comes again." (Philippians 1:6; New Life Version)[/SIZE]

bijoks is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The title pretty much says it all....

I got a trim yesterday and had to get more cut than I expected in order to get hair length even. The perimeter was longer than the crown. Have to let go of ponytails to give the crown a rest. A bit low on confidence at the moment to wear my own hair out.... Looking for encouragement and hairstyles that I can do at home and wear.

My hair is fine, thin, dense.
    [/b]

Flat twists in front with a fro (twist out or picked out) at the back.
    Two strand twists set on perm rods. You can also try a partial twist out from the resulting curly twists.
    Both styles are described on specific threads in this forum. Sorry I can't post a link but you can do a search.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 3 to 5.5 inches of hair and my staples at the moment are twist outs and what I call a "plait out", where I plait my hair and then unplait my hair to wear out. (I haven't figure out how to make flat braids yet.)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about boxbraids with your own hair? They always work for better for me than twists ever do. They're cute, last a long time, keep my hair detangled , offer versatility with styling (updos, ponytials, etc), and keep my ends healthy... all of which help me retain growth. With the exception of looking cute and versatility, twists do none of these things for me. Check out my album for some pics of braids. HTH.