Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly recommend:

Qhijjah (pronounced Key-Jah) at Back to Naturel
    7825 Joy St
    713-807-7666

She's easy to get along with, and so far she's done a wonderful set of corn rows as well as a set of 2 strand twists (w/extensions) that I get complimented on constantly. I'm that I don't live here permanently to go to her long term.

Oh, and she currently maintain's my honey's locs, and they always look great.

I have heard good and bad reviews about Uncle Funky's Daughter.
    YolieB
    [/b]
    My only complaint about this is that they are kinda restrictive w/their services. I wanted corn rows w/extensions, and they told me that they didn&#39;t do any extensions. <_< However, they did a good job on my honey&#39;s locs.
    OMG!!! Somebody made me PANK! Thank you!!!!!

yrh11 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to The Root of Salon and Day Spa for color and twists, the stylist there name is Debroah and she&#39;s good but it is kinda pricey. Pics available in my album if you want to see the results. Look under folder 2007 Napptural Journey, album My New Color.
    [/b]

When you say that The Root of You Salon is pricey for twists, are you talking about over $200? I went there for a shampoo and wash and it was expensive.
    The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
    (Ps 27:1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Including color, YES!! Twists alone are $75 and up. I want be going back for that cause I started doing my own and they don&#39;t look so bad. Don&#39;t know if I&#39;ll go back at all now that you say a shampoo and wash was expensive. I can only imagine.
    [color=#33CCFF][SIZE=2][b]2 Years Napptural as of June 7, 2008!!![/b][/color][/SIZE]

[b][url="http://public.fotki.com/MissParker01/"]My Napptural Hair Journey Album[/url][/b]
    no password needed.

[img]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa138/miss_tierney47/8d23a9293779-1.jpg[/img]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am one of those sistas that has been napptural for over 10 years and 5 of those years have been in Houston.

My first choice has alway been Natural Resources, Tamika Fletcher doesn&#39;t take new client for a reason. SHE IS THE BEST IN HOUSTON. She may not be able to do your hair but she may do consultations with those transitioning for free and give you a referral to someone else that passes her approval. Helping people in transition is her specialty and she is very nurturing with her clients.

She also makes her own line of natural hair care products. It is worth going to her shop just to get the products called Earth&#39;s Nectar. Natural Resources (Tamika) can be reached at 713-528-7102.

My next choice is Zayd&#39;s Naturally Natural. Zaneta hooks up my two-strand twists just right. She is definitely the one to go two if you want some creative flat twists styles. I always have to get ten of her cards because people stop me everywhere I go. Zaneta can be reached at 832-665-4919.

I also highly recommend Quijah at Back to Naturel. She is pleasant and a highly skilled at cornrows, two-strand twists and locs styles. I can always tell if she has hooked up someone&#39;s loc styles. Quijah is at 713-803-7666.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so I am now very ready to get some two strand twists (Me & twa have not been getting along for the last few months). I am going to give Zayd&#39;s Naturally Natural and Patrina with Natural Reign a call. Does anyone have any more recommendations for people who can do some ABSOLUTELY GREAT two strand twists on short hair ?
    <---------------------------- See my hair length in the pic.

Thanks!
    p.s. ladies, if you have any pics of professionally styled hair - please post or PM
    The blog I am really feeling these days ~ The Field Negro

Yep, I&#39;m one of those CNapp chicks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://public.fotki.com/mscocontxus/

pw required

"Make a difference about something other than yourselves."
    --Toni Morrison

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am one of those sistas that has been napptural for over 10 years and 5 of those years have been in Houston.

My first choice has alway been Natural Resources, Tamika Fletcher doesn&#39;t take new client for a reason. SHE IS THE BEST IN HOUSTON. She may not be able to do your hair but she may do consultations with those transitioning for free and give you a referral to someone else that passes her approval. Helping people in transition is her specialty and she is very nurturing with her clients.

She also makes her own line of natural hair care products. It is worth going to her shop just to get the products called Earth&#39;s Nectar. Natural Resources (Tamika) can be reached at 713-528-7102.

My next choice is Zayd&#39;s Naturally Natural. Zaneta hooks up my two-strand twists just right. She is definitely the one to go two if you want some creative flat twists styles. I always have to get ten of her cards because people stop me everywhere I go. Zaneta can be reached at 832-665-4919.

I also highly recommend Quijah at Back to Naturel. She is pleasant and a highly skilled at cornrows, two-strand twists and locs styles. I can always tell if she has hooked up someone&#39;s loc styles. Quijah is at 713-803-7666.
    [/b]

Yes, I highly recommend Natural Resources! Tamika helped me so much during my transition. I have yet to get in since I have been completely natural b/c she&#39;s always booked but I am on the waiting list and plan to go for Christmas (need to call next Wednesday to book that). I also have all the natural hair products. My hubby and sons use the Hair Milk daily and I use the pomade, the leave in conditioner (not sure if she still makes that) and the shampoo all great products. I will def. check out Zayds for the times that I can&#39;t get in with Tamika.
    Natural Hair is beautiful no matter the texture!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called Soul Sister on Almeda and the owner was rather &#39;abrupt&#39;. I&#39;ll take my business elsewhere, although I&#39;m sure she wouldn&#39;t care lol. I&#39;m just ready to have someone else twist my hair for a change.
    Hair Type: Kinky nappy, CNAPP

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you say that The Root of You Salon is pricey for twists, are you talking about over $200? I went there for a shampoo and wash and it was expensive.
    [/b]
    Who did your hair?

I called Soul Sister on Almeda and the owner was rather &#39;abrupt&#39;. I&#39;ll take my business elsewhere, although I&#39;m sure she wouldn&#39;t care lol. I&#39;m just ready to have someone else twist my hair for a change.
    [/b]
    I had the same experience a few years ago.
    "Where there is a woman there is magic. If there is a moon falling from her mouth, she is a woman who knows her magic, who can share or not share her powers. A woman with a moon falling from her mouth, roses between her legs and tiaras of Spanish moss, this woman is a consort of the spirits."
    -- Ntozake Shange

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...its been a while since I have posted something on this matter...

...I went to my local Walmart Salon and discovered that they had a natural stylist...

Michelle - WalMart Salon (Kirkwood and Westheimer) - 713-261-2110

...she is really good and is natural herself...I have pics on my fotki page...

...and she can do twist on those TWA too!!!!...
    Kendra Nicole

Nappy since 2006

[url="http://fotki.com/naturallykendranicole"]My Fotki - Hair journal and Hair Pics[/url]

[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/kendranicole2006/ColorStyled.jpg[/img]

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast