Thread: Nursing Support

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx, Ebony! You haven't posted in, like, forever. How's everything going with you?

I got 2 As and a B for my last semester of undergrad! I'm quite pleased. I'm thinking about grad school... do I dare? ^_^
    wele

[/b]
    Girl I've been busy the last 2.5 weeks working I'm doing Pediatric Private Duty (through an agency) and I love it :wub: Now trying to get my paperwork together so I can start the RN program.

And yes girl, go on to Grad school. My best friend sister is an RN and she is doing her Doctorate now, make you want to slap a b!!tch :lol:

ray is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I just signed up for classes for the fall. I have a med/surg, mental health and ob. Now what did I do with those nursing math books.....................

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wele - you go on girl!!! If grad school is calling you..answer it!!!!!

Twalicious - I am pursuing nursing as a career change.

Anybody hear from Button? Wanted to find out how summer school was going for her.
    Loc Journey= 9/30/05
    Nothing Beats a Failure but a TRY
    Freeforming = 11/30/06

http://public.fotki.com/dking821/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks MsCurly85

Twalicious- I am attending nursing school in the fall to get a career and stop working these jobs. I am enrolled in a two year program for an associates degree. I do plan on getting my MSN when it's all over and done.
    [/b]
    That is what I am thinking...I'm going to stick with my technical school and see is I like the career field. I can see myself as a nurse. There are a few school in the area that have the accelerated programs for LPN, so I'll see which way the wind blows me. I'm still young (25) so I have time.

Good Luck!!!
    Second Time Around...BC'D 10.1.10
    [URL="http://www.twitter.com/Complexi_T"]www.twitter.com/Complexi_T[/URL]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://zeta1920.spsu.edu/Images/zeta-globe.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question about the LPN programs in your area. Here it is highly discouraged and many of the LPN programs were discontinued. I think there maybe one or two left. There are not that many LPN jobs here in this area. Most people interested in nursing are steered to the RN route.

How is the job market for LPN's on your area?

I am in a RN program but was just wondering. The LPN's that do work at the hospital that I work at are grandfathered in. The only job an LPN can get is in a nursing home here.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question about the LPN programs in your area. Here it is highly discouraged and many of the LPN programs were discontinued. I think there maybe one or two left. There are not that many LPN jobs here in this area. Most people interested in nursing are steered to the RN route.

How is the job market for LPN's on your area?

I am in a RN program but was just wondering. The LPN's that do work at the hospital that I work at are grandfathered in. The only job an LPN can get is in a nursing home here.
    [/b]
    Well I have two family members that are LPN's-they work in nursing homes b/c of the laid back atmosphere, and they pay more than hospitals. They are both in the process of going back for their RN. They are in the mid 30's a year and for middle GA and below that is not that bad. I have a B.A., but I don't just want to work a job, so that is why I'm taking the LPN route. If I like to career field, which I know I will, I will more than likely do an accelerated program, in about a year.
    On a personal note, I am transitioning lifestyles-Military to Civilian, so I want something a little more concrete.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have two family members that are LPN's-they work in nursing homes b/c of the laid back atmosphere, and they pay more than hospitals. They are both in the process of going back for their RN. They are in the mid 30's a year and for middle GA and below that is not that bad. I have a B.A., but I don't just want to work a job, so that is why I'm taking the LPN route. If I like to career field, which I know I will, I will more than likely do an accelerated program, in about a year.
    On a personal note, I am transitioning lifestyles-Military to Civilian, so I want something a little more concrete.
    [/b]
    Do they have accelerated RN programs in your area? There are several one year programs here if you already have a degree. Quite expensive but it gets the job done. I was going to go to one but I have to work. I have a lot of LPN's in my program now and they are getting paid more then what a new RN grad will make but they said that their pay cap will not be as high as an RN.

I feel you on just doing the job thing. That is what I am doing now and I hate it. Going to work is motivation for me to finish school so I will not feel humiliated anymore. Good luck to you!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do they have accelerated RN programs in your area? There are several one year programs here if you already have a degree. Quite expensive but it gets the job done. I was going to go to one but I have to work. I have a lot of LPN's in my program now and they are getting paid more then what a new RN grad will make but they said that their pay cap will not be as high as an RN.

I feel you on just doing the job thing. That is what I am doing now and I hate it. Going to work is motivation for me to finish school so I will not feel humiliated anymore. Good luck to you!!!!
    [/b]

There are a couple of schools, one is about 40 minutes away from where I'm moving to. There a few schools in my area that have the LPN-RN fast track programs. I'm doing my research, and my two family members are commuting anywhere from 20-45 minutes. So it is doable (if that's a word).

Getting paid more makes since because they have experience. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Good luck to you too.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Hey Everybody!

A lot has been going on with me. First... I'm getting my first apartment! I'm so excited. It is right by my job, so I won't have that 60-70 minute drive home in the morning that I've had for the past two years. It'll be five minutes, if that. I start my orientation next week, Wednesday. I'm very excited about it.

One of my closest friends from nursing school was hired on the same floor with me, so I'll have her to support me and I'll be there for her as well. My orientation will be day shift and I will be taking a Kaplan review course at night. It will be hectic, and busy, and exciting. I am still getting all my documents (and money) together for boards.

I can't wait! ^_^

:wub: wele
    My intellectual capacity can far supercede
    even the greatest heights of your wildest dreams.
    I am who I am 'cause of what I believe.
    I now understand who I'm destined to be:
    Sistah Souldier and Queen- inherently.
    Never question, deny the spirit in me.
    Now and always, forever: REVOLUTIONARY!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Everybody!

A lot has been going on with me. First... I'm getting my first apartment! I'm so excited. It is right by my job, so I won't have that 60-70 minute drive home in the morning that I've had for the past two years. It'll be five minutes, if that. I start my orientation next week, Wednesday. I'm very excited about it.

One of my closest friends from nursing school was hired on the same floor with me, so I'll have her to support me and I'll be there for her as well. My orientation will be day shift and I will be taking a Kaplan review course at night. It will be hectic, and busy, and exciting. I am still getting all my documents (and money) together for boards.

I can't wait! ^_^
    :wub: wele

[/b]
    Congratulations on the new apartment and the new job.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast