Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Any Nappy Mullets in the house?
    Anybody still rockin the chinese slippers? Prestos? Reeboks? Filas? Melissa's?

This goes for stuff also that you cant let go of even though it is busted, got holes in it and you cant throw it away yet! I know you got that holey bathrobe jumpoff that you are rockin on the weekends :lol:

For me, I still wear my Melissa's, I still got some chunky heel shoes that I wear that I think are cute but others might beg to difer, and although I havent worn them in a minute, I still have the pink timbs that came out in 01...shoot, I paid $100 for them janks and they have 0 scratches on them and I will wear them if the time comes even 20 years from now ^_^

Last Relaxer March 23 2006, BC Sept 26 2006
    Youtube: new vid 1/8/2012
    blog Fotki Twitter
    Facebook

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Nappy Mullets in the house?
    Anybody still rockin the chinese slippers? Prestos? Reeboks? Filas? Melissa's?

This goes for stuff also that you cant let go of even though it is busted, got holes in it and you cant throw it away yet! I know you got that holey bathrobe jumpoff that you are rockin on the weekends :lol:
    For me, I still wear my Melissa's, I still got some chunky heel shoes that I wear that I think are cute but others might beg to difer, and although I havent worn them in a minute, I still have the pink timbs that came out in 01...shoot, I paid $100 for them janks and they have 0 scratches on them and I will wear them if the time comes even 20 years from now ^_^
    [/b]
    I still rock and love the gypsy tops. I especially love the ones with flowy sleeves and elastic round the neck. When i was in the Motherland, I bought several of them in different colors... :wub:
    I will be a wedges fan for a long long time to come. Even when stilettos were in, I never bought them. Stack to my good old wedges...
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    LocĀ“d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats why i becareful to not buy "trendy" clothes. i do my best to buy garments that i can wear well past the season and years on end

i often think about the things i currently own and wonder if i'll rock them well past the time it initially came out- even though clothes often revolve.
    like the ol people (like 60+) who still rock polyester pants with the crisp crease on the front of the leg :lol:. i find that to be SO CUTE! lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ ok Buttah my granny don't play when it comes to her poly pants and her floral top. You better not tell her she ain't cute..at least not while she has her purse in her hand :lol: .

I brought some brown hammer pants/shorts from Zara last year and when I wear them with my camouflage pumps and accessories ...I get lots of compliments on how different I look compared to everybody else. My co-worker even told me, " Only you can do that." Besides, they are comfortable and I love 'em.
    FACEBOOK

TWITTER

INSTAGRAM @JewelryVixen305

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you def have to post that up ND..that sounds kinda cute!
    Last Relaxer March 23 2006, BC Sept 26 2006
    Youtube: new vid 1/8/2012
    blog Fotki Twitter
    Facebook

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a bunch of my mother's old clothes. i raided her closet when she was cleaning it out and found a bunch of retro christian dior. ya THINK i didnt rock it? she had this old blue and black sweater that like buttons up at the shoulder and is madd long, and it came with a matching skirt, which i havent worn yet. i wore that sweater all winter and didnt give a fart
    Thanks to my angel who made me PANK again!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see- some folks forget that many garments are actually classic and timeless pieces that will not actually go out of style cuz they always tend to come right back but with a twist..

roxygirl is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a bunch of my mother's old clothes. i raided her closet when she was cleaning it out and found a bunch of retro christian dior. ya THINK i didnt rock it? she had this old blue and black sweater that like buttons up at the shoulder and is madd long, and it came with a matching skirt, which i havent worn yet. i wore that sweater all winter and didnt give a fart
    [/b]
    ok, but does Dior ever really go outta style?

um ... ok, so i can't seem to give up my Chuck Taylors. i didn't wear them when i was younger, but are those still in style? i don't have a pair of hightops, but i'm moving from los angeles to chicago this summer, and you'd best believe when that horrible-awful-i-won't-be-able-to-stand-it winter hits me, i'm gonna be searching for some hightops. :blush:
    My fotki
    Updates: 07/26/09

Click here to feed abandoned animals. It's free and you can click everyday.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey ladies,

My philosophy on this is that nothing really goes out of style. What I personally do is if I like a trend I will buy it and keep it in my closet. In a year or two I will rock that trend like it just came out lol...I believe style is what you make out this is of course in no way to be confused with fashion faux pas after all you must know what works for you.

With that said all my stuff is in style *wink*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, but does Dior ever really go outta style?

um ... ok, so i can't seem to give up my Chuck Taylors. i didn't wear them when i was younger, but are those still in style? i don't have a pair of hightops, but i'm moving from los angeles to chicago this summer, and you'd best believe when that horrible-awful-i-won't-be-able-to-stand-it winter hits me, i'm gonna be searching for some hightops. :blush:
    [/b]

haha! girl, if you see this skirt, you'd think you were watching a brat pack movie (i.e. something with molly ringwald, but i dont care! lol)

im about to be on my second pair of chucks, dont get me started. and i need some new A-DI-DAS!!!!
    Thanks to my angel who made me PANK again!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast