Thread: Shear Genius

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anybody see the last episode of Shear Genius. They had segment where they had to style African American Hair. The ladies they had to choose from had beautiful hair. However, their challenge was to straighten it. :Angry: One of them even got the creamy crack put on their head. I just had to vent about it Why couldn't they style their hair without straightening it. Thumbs down, Shear Genius, Thumbs down.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that show! I missed last night, but I was wondering when and if they were going to do napps. I guess I will have to catch it this weekend.
    FACEBOOK

TWITTER

INSTAGRAM @JewelryVixen305

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The black guest judge's line was classic..."we want our hair to swing and move and look good like....everybody else" All I could think was she should of just came out and said that black women want their hair to swing and move and look good like white folks hair...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I saw that. I thought it was interesting how the white guy was explaining the damage and dangers of using chemicals. I was :Angry: when Boogie but that chemical fire cream in that girls hair. It didn't even look cute in the end.
    My avatar is my ultimate goal.

ctate5 Guest

The black guest judge's line was classic..."we want our hair to swing and move and look good like....everybody else" All I could think was she should of just came out and said that black women want their hair to swing and move and look good like white folks hair...
    [/b]

i saw that. i was like is she going to say it.......... :lol: yeah, dr. boogie's style was a bit of a mess.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew ya'll would be up in hea talking about this!!!

^^ I saw that. I thought it was interesting how the white guy was explaining the damage and dangers of using chemicals. I was :Angry: when Boogie but that chemical fire cream in that girls hair. It didn't even look cute in the end.
    [/b]
    Girl you took the words right out of my mouth. Dr. Boogie was talking all that mess about how he was the only one brave enough to use a r3lax3r and how he knew he had everything in the bag because he knew r3lax3rs, and the white guy was the one talking about how bad they were for your hair, and then Dr. Boogie's hairstyle came out looking the worst... :rolleyes:

ETA - I was upset that the only challenge dealing with AA hair had to do with getting it as straight as humanly possible, but then I had to think about it - if it was an AA show if it weren&#39;t about getting it as straight as humanly possible, it probably woulda been how to get it as FAKE as humanly possible. Unbeweavable...<_<
    God Bless!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I was the only person watching this show..Good to know I&#39;m not.

Ya know...I know he messed up..but I like Ben. I like that he isn&#39;t afraid toshow his ignorance , and is willing to learn from it. I couldn&#39;t believe Boogie put that crap in that childs head..I mean..why not just use a flaming hot tool of hair torture? At least she could just take some water and go back .

And yeah..the whole.."We want our hair to swing and bounce .."Like everyone else"...KILL ME..KILL ME NOW!..

I want Anthony to win...but I think Daisy may have it..she is good.
    [img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/LaMonica109/Michael%20Jackson/scream37-1.gif[/img][img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/LaMonica109/Michael%20Jackson/001.png[/img][img]http://gi0007.photobucket.com/groups/0007/JE638GEUUS/michael-jackson-thriller-video.gif[/img][img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/LaMonica109/Michael%20Jackson/tributetomy_12.png[/img][img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/LaMonica109/Michael%20Jackson/scream33-1.gif[/img]
    [img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/LaMonica109/Michael%20Jackson/124611202541166-1.jpg[/img]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I saw it too. I was so happy they had natural black women and then they said they were either going to straighten it or relax it...like that&#39;s all black women can do with their hair. :Angry: I was hoping they would do a nice roller set or briad it up or something, but nooooooo........

The black guest judge&#39;s line was classic..."we want our hair to swing and move and look good like....everybody else" All I could think was she should of just came out and said that black women want their hair to swing and move and look good like white folks hair...
    [/b]
    I knew she was gonna say "like white folks hair" but she caught herself and had to be p.c. or whatever you wanna call it.

And now a word to the hairdressers: :soapbox: YOU CAN DO OTHER THINGS WITH BLACK PEOPLE&#39;S NATURAL HAIR BESIDES STRAIGHTEN IT! FREAKIN DUMB STYLISTS! HEY LOOK, MY HAIR&#39;S MOVING AND SWINGING RIGHT NOW...AND IT&#39;S NOT STRAIGHT!

::steps off soap box::

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

I know that seems to happen all the time on these shows. A woman may start off with curly hair and they make it straight like white people&#39;s hair. I&#39;ve seen it on American Idol, America&#39;s Next Top Model, and many other make over shows. But on Shear Genius they actually complain that working with curly hair is so hard and why would anybody want to work ona head like that for the show. I eman when they choose models the girls with the so-called curly hair are picked last. I hated when they try to accomodate to white standards of beauty!!

I think that is so boring and predictable!!

Peace,
    Rasta
    "As you educate a woman, you educate the family. If you educate the girls, you educate the future."

Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan

Never be limited by other people&#39;s limited imaginations. If you adopt their attitudes, then the possiblity won&#39;t exist because you&#39;ll have already shut it out. You can hear other people&#39;s wisdom, but you&#39;ve got to re-evaluate the world for yourself.
    Dr. Mae Jemison, astronaut

Run Isiah 40:31

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boogie said her hair was like a brillo pad :Angry:

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast