Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone. I'm not new to the site, but I'm new to posting. I've been natural for a little over a year now and have YET to find a very good deep conditioner??!! My hair is tightly coiled and is VERY dry. I just found a great moisturizer (finally) and leave in because of this site (miss jessie's buttercream and cantu leave in), but am in need of a SERIOUS deep conditioner that will SERIOUSLY keep my hair moisturized after washing it out. Whenever I wash out the current conditioners out of my hair, it still feels dry?? How can I get a more silky/moisturized feeling?

Please HELP!

Reviews
    Read 4 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really depends on what your hair likes. Mine doesn't like anything in a conditioner that ends in"cone". So for me qp I like to use dpr-11 mixed w/ honey and coconut oil. I have used oyin honey hemp as well. My hair really does well w/that.
    With Christ,obediance(please help me Holy Spirit),persistance,patience and His grace, all things are possible!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Aubrey Organics GPB or Honeysuckle Rose to deep condition, they double great as deep condition/rinse out condition combo. My hair always feels great with those, and I'm dealing with hard water right now.

HTH ~ JJ08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used a conditioner last night that made my hair feel WONDERFUL. Now, all hair is different, but give it a try. It's called shear splendor. I actually acquired this from a lady on the swap and sell board, but this made my hair feel so good that I am going to purchase some more for deep conditioning. When I was rinsing it out of my hair, my hair felt so soft. It can be purchased at www.philosophy.com. I'm not sure of the price, because the website is down today.

Other things I have used that made my hair feel pretty good were Pantene 99% Curl Definition Conditioner (I added some honey and EVOO) and V05 Strawberry Conditioner. I also tried Worlds of Curls...that stuff is really thick and it made my hair feel pretty good. HTH
    Last chemical fire cream: October 6, 2005

B/C Date: 2/21/2006

Don't remove the kinks from your hair. Remove them from your brain. - Marcus Garvey
    My Blog and Pictures

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did you try Aveda?
    I love their damage intensive treatment reconstructor..a little bit goes a long way...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITA with the Aubrey Organics GPB or Island Natural w/a dollop of castor oil. If I am in a hurry I like Aussie's DEEEP treatment. Also have you tried doing a search in the commercial forum, use the key words deep conditioner or deep treatment. You should find even more recommendation. HTH
    Big chop in March 2005, and still loving this journey.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Aubrey Organics GPB and Honeysuckle Rose for pre-poo treatments. I use these mixed with honey and virgin coconut Oil or Jamaican black castor oil.

I also use the Anita Grant Rhassoul Condish once a month which leaves my hair feeling nourished and conditionerd.
    My Fotki

Why are you trying so hard to blend in when you were born to stand out

maibaby is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose is straight awesome stuff.

Most conditioners that I like I can just add olive oil and/or honey to them and get great results for DTs.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the shea butter hair mask by Federic Fekkai, Ojon restorative treatment, smooth down butter treat by redken, and the all soft heavy creme by redken. I have used stuff by Aveda and Aubrey Organics as well. Those are good ones too. Just depends on how your hair responds to different things like oil, or cremes. I prefer to mix oil in with those cremier products that I use as well.