I've had alot of mixed responses about my decision to go natural. The majority of people usually say, "Well, you have good hair, so you can do that." And of course, I try to tell them that ANYONE can make the right decision to go natural....no matter what the texture of their hair. They just have to have a patience.

Regardless, yesterday at a Memorial Day outing, my best friend's little sister came up to me, ran her hand through my two strand twists, and said, "What are these supposed to be? Kinky twists?"

I looked at her and I shook my head. I told her they were two strand twists with my own hair. And she shocked me with her response, "Your hair is too pretty for that."

Now I was surprised for two reasons: 1) I ALWAYS have my hair in two strand twists and she's actually complimented them before. This time around though they were smaller and done on dry hair so I guess they look a little different; 2) How can your hair be too pretty for a style?

Trying to remember that she is young (14) and not very educated about hair since hers is brittle and breaking and coming out in the front, I asked her, "Well, how should my hair be?"

And she told me, "I don't know. You should flat-iron it or something." :Angry:

Again, I held my composure and politely told her, "My hair is sooo pretty because I DON'T flat flaming hot tool of hair torture it or anything. My hair is as straight as it wants to be."

That was yesterday and I'm still thinking about her comment. I mean, how misguided can you be?!?!?!?!?!?