Thread: ACV Rinse

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I know, I know we have talked this to death. I couldn't find anything in the Commercial hair products section on it and the only one I found in this section was about adding rosemary water to the rinse to cut the vinegar smell. So at least I tried to search before broaching the topic.

Well I have never used it and now I would like to incorporate it into my wash and retwist. Is this bought or made? If bought, where? And if made, where do you get supplies? What are the benefits? Thanks in advance. My bad for a repeat topic....

Peace and Napptural hair grease :rainfro
    Patrina
    Starting Loc journey again. . . and boy is it fun!

[img]http://www.roshini.net/images/avatars/3dflagsdotcom_guyan_2faws.gif[/img]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I am going to use it ACV rinse what I normally do is wet my hair, use the ACV rinse, scrub my scalp, rinse it out and shampoo.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's cool but where can you get it? Is it something you get from a health foods store or from like Wally's world (walmart :razz)? Thanks

Patrina

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can get apple cider vinegar at any grocery store in the section with the salad dressing. It usually costs a couple of bucks for about a quart-sized bottle.
    ~ Last re.laxer 7.99 ~ Chop 7.00 ~ Locs 2.03 ~

[B]"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne[/B]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patrina,
    ACV = Apple Cider Vinegar so u can get it in any grocery store. You just need to dilute it at least 4 parts (cold) water to 1 part ACV. It is great for calming the scalp. I have always had severely dry/flaky scalp and noticed a HUGE difference using the ACV after only a few weeks. I think it has something to do with the ph of it and also that it gets rid of build up. I always use after shampooing (or no-pooing) as my final rinse - so if u condition, then use it after that. This is because the cold water and the ACV work to smooth the hair cuticle as opposed to the "scales" being raised, which leaves you with a nice shine/sheen.

As u mentioned, some people add different herbs to add extra benefit. For instance, the added rosemary would have a dual role - it cuts the smell (which eventually goes away) and it promotes hair growth. HTH
    Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound
    That Saved a wretch like me

Myspace is the Place!

Fotki - Combining Mature Locs
    Fotki - Curling Locs With Pipe Cleaners

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACV is cool if you get it in the grocery store, but most times you'll only find the refined ACV. To get the unfiltered ACV with "the mother", go to your local health food store. It's still pretty inexpensive, plus you get all the added nutrients not present in the regular store bought kind. A popular brand with 'the mother"(shake it up first) is Bragg's. They have a website too Bragg's Organic ACV

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ladies!! I will go get some today and try it with my wash tonight.

FoxyLox- How do you know if it the unfiltered ACV with "the mother"? I was going to try the grocery store tonight so just in case they have that kind I would try it. Thanks in advance.

Peace and Napptural hair grease :rainfro
    Patrina

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i get my ACV from the grocery store. i do 1 part ACV to 5 parts cold water and a few drops of peppermint EO
    glamazini.com

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last Q- Can this be used as a spritz or is it mainly for rinse purposes only? Thanks

P :rainfro

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm like ini -- grocery store ACV works fine for me. I add an EO depending on my mood.

Yes, you can use it in a spritz or alone. I spritz some directly to my scalp and rub it in when I need a concentrated dose to get rid of flakes. Once every month or so I need to do that.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast