Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Years ago drank religiously several times a week; your post has prompted me to continue beginning this Sunday when I do the weekly shopping at Whole Foods. Nothing but praise for it, to me, the taste is an acquired one.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the rawfoodtalk forum This juicer was mentioned. As it's only about $40 I may try it.

I have never gotten used to the taste of wheat grass, I tell you, it tastes awful, but for health I'll do it :P I usually take a sip and then a gulp of water until I've gotten it all down. Then maybe finish it off with an orange slice like they give you at Jamba juice.

ZenDiva is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the rawfoodtalk forum This juicer was mentioned. As it's only about $40 I may try it.

I have never gotten used to the taste of wheat grass, I tell you, it tastes awful, but for health I'll do it :P I usually take a sip and then a gulp of water until I've gotten it all down. Then maybe finish it off with an orange slice like they give you at Jamba juice.
    [/b]

THANK YOU, for posting... I may bounce for that juicer... :wub: too cool !
    " Those that don't got, can't show it. Those that got it, can't hide it." --Zora Neal Hurston

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]

I found some wheatgrass powder at a local health food store. I found something that will mask the taste: good old orange juice. I bought my daughters a case of juices that comes in little 8 oz plastic juice containers. I use one of those empty containers to mix one scoop (1/2 teaspoon) with 8 ounces of OJ. I have to drink it in the morning because this stuff will keep you up!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I buy a product called Green Plant from "Trader Joe's" It has a slight bannana flavor to it and it really does make me feel better when I remember to drink it on a consistent basis. :rolleyes:
    [b][color=#993399][SIZE=2]CASHMERE HAIR
    TEXTURE:O's AND S's AND Z's AND RINGS, WOW OUR HAIR DOES AMAZING THINGS[/color][/SIZE][/b]

[url="http://members.fotki.com/ladydd/about/"]http://members.fotki.com/ladydd[/url]
    [url="http://ladylocs.blogspot.com/"]http://ladylocs.blogspot.com/[/url]

Last CFC May 19, 2006
    B/C April 1, 2007
    locked November 22, 2008

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THANK YOU, for posting... I may bounce for that juicer... too cool !

[/b]

this site has a coupon code for $5 off-
    http://www.hippocratesgreenhouse.com/page1.html

comparisons of various juicers:
    http://www.discountjuicers.com/wheatgrass.html

n
    ice pics of stages of growing wheatgrass:

http://www.hippocratesgreenhouse.com/

have to drink it in the morning because this stuff will keep you up![/b]
    reminds me of the time I had green smoothies and 16 oz of fresh green juice in one day-wow i needed to move- at 11pm I went out dancing :P

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update- So I ordered the healthy juicer and juiced my first ounces of wheatgrass juice today. It works beautifully and is a quality product. I don't mind the manual cranking, since I'm doing small amounts of juice. :wub:

I ordered from the 877myjuicer site, but the $5 discount code didn't work for me, so I guess it doesn't matter which place you order it from. I think I remember one site where it was $5 cheaper, but I don't have the url. So anyway just wanted to let you all know.

I think when I grow mynext batch of grass I'll add some kelp powder to the soil- I remember that that's supposed to add extra nutrients to the juice.

Taqwa is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three times a week...Wild Oats Market.....a shot of wheatgrass with a cranberry/orange juice chaser.

Its a perkerupper....an acquired taste also. I just don't like "smelling it" while drinking it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only had it once, but I remember it's very earthy tasting

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drink it every morning and love the benefits. My skin is sooo much clearer and more even toned. I get mine frozen from Whole Foods and its about $14 a box and I buy two boxes at a time. Here's the brand that I get Evergreen Wheatgrass. It tastes sooo much better than the shots from Jamba Juice. There's no need for a chaser as you don't have that bitter bite at the end.

I just plop two cubes in my juice or water and I'm all good. I definitely can see the difference in my hair. My hair is thick to begin with but taking wheatgrass has made it thicker and healthier.

For those that are considering taking Wheatgrass, do it! The benefits are worth it.
    <div align="center">
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    2009 is loc&#39;d and loaded, all the time!"

My Hair Album</div>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12