Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

It's primary season and I saw the Democratic presidential debate in New Hampshire this morning (last night back in the States.)

I only saw the first part before they got questions from the floor. I caught the first two questions from the voters, but I tuned most of that out as I was getting ready to leave.

I think Obama did a great job when Edwards was coming after him. I was rooting for Edwards to have a better game, but it didn't work. They were ready for him.

Hillary wasn't all that. I mean she wasn't BAD, but she didn't really stand out to me. Biden did, but I just don't know if he's got what it takes to gain on the top three.

Anyway, I'm making it very general, but what do you think?

Of course, the Republicans take the stage tomorrow. I'll be at work, but I'll try to tune in to them too.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't truly watched all of it yet because my boys were making a whole lot of noise so I couldn't hear anything. Edwards lost credibility with me when he repeatedly disrespected Hilary. I'm far from being a Hilary fan but I truly believe he should of addressed her by her title at all times. He kept referring to her as Hilary instead of Senator Clinton where as he referred to everyone else as Sen. Obama, Gov. Richardson..etc. He also could of kept the finger pointing (I mean literally) to himself. I would of snatched his finger down if I was Hilary.

I think he tried to huff and puff his way out on third in the polls and into a higher spot. I know this sounds wrong, but why does his wife's cancer suddenly surface when he's low in polls?

Of course, I think Obama did well. Him being a lawyer helps him speak and get his point across very well. Hilary was lame to me. I don't think she answered any of the questions. She was tap dancing all night. I'm glad Wolf called her on it.

Richardson annoys me. He always sounds like he's one step away from a heart attack. He is always so mad and like to over talk people. I don't understand how he is an ambassador, he is so undiplomatic.

The other guys are blah to me and get tuned out.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hillary is a lawyer too. I just think Obama is a better public speaker. Even in law school some students were better than others.

The read on why Edwards called her Hillary is because that's how she's marketing herself. So he was just following the status quo on that, but I can see how that might have come off the wrong way.

I do think he went aggressive when what would have suited him better was a nicer tone. I mean you can still be confrontational without the finger pointing. <_< However, I think it will come down to Hillary and Obama and I&#39;m hoping for a dual ticket with them for a 16 year lock on the White House

We&#39;ll see how the Republicans do tomorrow. <_<
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh God I hope not. I&#39;d hate to see a Obama/Clinton ticket or vice versa. I&#39;d prefer Obama/Edwards.

Yeah thats what they were saying on CNN about the Hilary thing. My point is though she could be marketing herself as a bad mamma jamma, but she&#39;s not marketing to him. Therefore he should of shown more respect.

Now for the republicans, let see how they fare tonight

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think he went aggressive when what would have suited him better was a nicer tone. I mean you can still be confrontational without the finger pointing.[/b]
    I think Mr Edwards is trying to shed the too nice image. I think he was trying to hard and came off phony. I hope the ticket doesn&#39;t turn out to be Clinton/Obama. I don&#39;t think that ticket can win. Obama/Edwards, Edwards/Obama will have a better chance. Most people I know, myself included can&#39;t seem to get behind Sen. Clinton. I can&#39;t seem to warm up to her :dunno:

Tonights debate will be no different than the first debate. Right now, Guillani looks good. I think this race will get interesting when Mr Thompson enters the ring.
    A good day on the spectrum.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

I really have not had a chance to watch the debates but I am rooting for Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton. I decided earlier this year to vote independent because I am not feeling the Democratic party. I believe that as long as Bush is gone in 2008 it will be a better year!!

Peace,
    Rasta
    "As you educate a woman, you educate the family. If you educate the girls, you educate the future."

Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan

Never be limited by other people&#39;s limited imaginations. If you adopt their attitudes, then the possiblity won&#39;t exist because you&#39;ll have already shut it out. You can hear other people&#39;s wisdom, but you&#39;ve got to re-evaluate the world for yourself.
    Dr. Mae Jemison, astronaut

Run Isiah 40:31

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh God I hope not. I&#39;d hate to see a Obama/Clinton ticket or vice versa. I&#39;d prefer Obama/Edwards.
    [/b]
    Hahahahaha!

Wow! There are some Hillary haters out there. For me, I just want the Republicans out as they&#39;ve messed up foreign policy for years to come. Not to mention what they&#39;ve botched on the domestic scene.

I think she&#39;s smart. I think her image is cold though. Bill did a really good job and I can see her carrying it on.

I&#39;m not being too picky. However, if she truly turns that many people off, it might be best for Obama/Edwards.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know it&#39;s not so much as her image that gets me. It&#39;s the fact she seems cold-hearted. IMO, she seems like she&#39;ll turn on you in a heartbeat. I truly think the only reason her and Bill are together is for her political gain. Plus the whole "I voted for the war because I thought it was a good idea at the time" doesn&#39;t sit right with me. I know folks change their mind, but she seems like a flip flopper to me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know it&#39;s not so much as her image that gets me. It&#39;s the fact she seems cold-hearted. IMO, she seems like she&#39;ll turn on you in a heartbeat. I truly think the only reason her and Bill are together is for her political gain. Plus the whole "I voted for the war because I thought it was a good idea at the time" doesn&#39;t sit right with me. I know folks change their mind, but she seems like a flip flopper to me.
    [/b]
    I guess that&#39;s the thing. I realize that with all public figures there is part of it that we don&#39;t see. Now, folks like her former classmates and friends say she&#39;s actually pretty funny. I know her campaign is really trying to hit that "cold" description people have of her. But it&#39;s not very successful. I know they&#39;re balancing between warming her up versus risking making her look foolish, so they&#39;re doing this slowly.

I mean I&#39;m disappointed in ANY representative that voted for the war because I honestly think that all it would take is some BASIC knowledge of the region to know that Hussein had nothing to do with bin Laden...nothing. However, I wouldn&#39;t say she&#39;s a flip-flopper. New Yorkers wouldn&#39;t have elected her a second time. I think she&#39;s an opportunist and I think society tends to be much harder on women who are than men. I&#39;m not saying you personally, but I am wondering what&#39;s different when Hillary makes a shrewd decision versus when a man does?

I just finished watching Dreamgirls on DVD, so I just tuned into CNN. The Republicans are going at it right now, but I missed the first part which is the part I think really sets the tone. What they&#39;re saying right now just doesn&#39;t resonate with me.

Tancredo is an idiot. In response to this question: "What does it mean to be an American?" His reply is "cut your ties" to your home country and your home country&#39;s politics if you&#39;re an immigrant!!!? What about the Cuban-American community that is so tightly tied to the politics in Cuba that it&#39;s the main reason that we&#39;ve still got a backwards policy on Cuba. The same applies to Chinese-Americans who protest when Chinese officials come to America as well as other immigrant groups, including the various ethnic groups that white people come from. Guillani is killing him on this topic too. Some people really need to take a moment and think before they speak <_<

I can&#39;t watch them anymore. :Angry: They&#39;re getting me all worked up...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know it&#39;s not so much as her image that gets me. It&#39;s the fact she seems cold-hearted.[/b]
    In my opinion, Sen. Clinton suffers from the same affliction as Sec. Rice. They are smart, no nonsense women who really don&#39;t relate well to people outside their inner circle. Thank goodness Sec. Rice is becoming more comfortable as the spokesman for the U.S., she is less of a liability now.

I first noticed Sen. Clintons aloofness during a King celebration a few years ago. She said all the right words but her body language suggested that she would rather be somewhere else. She seemed so uncomfortable and some people felt uncomfortable around her. hmm, I&#39;m sure people said the same about Margaret Thatcher and she did ok as Prime Minister. Big George Bush was not the friendliest person either and he became president. Maybe we are too harsh when it comes to Sen. Clinton. Maybe her ability to distance herself from a situation helps her make the sound decisions. Maybe we need a president like that.
    A good day on the spectrum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast