Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a guy on the football site i frequent and he would like to know if someone could help him. i know there are some guys on here, maybe they can help with the beard question:

My main question is, how do i control it? My hair goes almost straight out. But like, its hella curly. Like it frizzes out. No matter what i do my hair sticks out to the side. I mean, i've been asked if i pick it out to make it look like that. I've tried gel, hair spray, anti-frizz creme, shampoo and conditioner, and it seems like nothing even makes a dent. The gel lasts for about 20 min and then its all bad because it frizzes out but it still has that hard dried gel feeling. Hair spray doesn't work and has the same problem. The anti-frizz creme is the least problematic, but even that doesn't last very long.

I have a real small beard because my hair grows extremely slow. I just want my beard to be a bit more manageable. Like i wanna be able to brush it down and have it combed/brushed down. Have it sit close to my face. I think it would make my beard look a lot better. Right now, no matter what i do it looks like i pick it out on purpose. Any help would be appreciated, even if all you can do is head me in the right direction.

pic 1
    pic 2

[/b]
    thanks in advance.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if banding would help him?? Right now I have braids that stick out a lot. I control that by sleeping with a satin scarf tightly around them.

But I think his hair is sexy the way it is...
    My fotki!
    ~small June update~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he could start with clipping his ends just a little. It would give his hair a thicker appearance. Is he allowed to clip his ends?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe he could braid it at night. take it loose in the morning and comb it with a wide tooth comb.

Reviews
    Read Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

His hair is dope. What does he want it to be doing that it's not doing?

I say introduce him to conditioner washing (frizz is often a side effect from being dry) and then leaving it alone and getting rid of whatever expectation he has going. He's already said he's tried everything and it's not working so there it is. Take care of your hair and leave it alone.

As for the beard, trim it when it gets too shaggy. Actually, one thing I can add to all of this, instead of regular cutting maybe he needs to get his hair and his beard thinned. I think he just needs to get over it, personally. :lol: His hair is fly the way it is. (He's cute, too)

- Tania :afro:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ponytail the hair or shave it! OR go to a Indo Paki stor and get some Alma Oil use as a leave in and slick that string fro down

Taper cut the beard, needs to start with a professional barber first. Foam, hot towle and razor, then groom and taper from there.

Hmm he looks like a yogi in the making :lol:
    <div align="center">[SIZE=2]<div align="center"><span style="color:#009900">Treat your body as good as you treat your hair
    [url="http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/index.php"]RAW FOOD TALK[/url]
    tell them lifeAgift sent you </div> [/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oo, I think he looks sexy...I mean his hair looks sexy :0) the way it is. :wub: Tell him not to touch it. His hair has flavor and character and sex appeal. He looks fly like that :0) But if it just must go, I agree that trimming/thinning it may be the solution he&#39;s looking for :0)
    ALBUM UPDATED 08/29/08, CHECK IT OUT!

www.fotki.com/mzpoetic

password: curlynaps

last album Sept-Dec password: nappycurls

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has he tried styling with leave-in conditioner?
    And I do agree that is hair looks pretty cool the way it is when it&#39;s out.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His hair is dope. What does he want it to be doing that it&#39;s not doing?

I say introduce him to conditioner washing (frizz is often a side effect from being dry) and then leaving it alone and getting rid of whatever expectation he has going. He&#39;s already said he&#39;s tried everything and it&#39;s not working so there it is. Take care of your hair and leave it alone.

As for the beard, trim it when it gets too shaggy. Actually, one thing I can add to all of this, instead of regular cutting maybe he needs to get his hair and his beard thinned. I think he just needs to get over it, personally. :lol: His hair is fly the way it is. (He&#39;s cute, too)

- Tania :afro:
    [/b]
    IA with this, his hair looks great the way it is. I think his problem is trying to get his hair to do what it doesn&#39;t want to do. He&#39;s wasting money on products that aren&#39;t for his hair type to try and get it "under control" The gel probably doesn&#39;t help if it&#39;s giving that hard feeling it&#39;s probably drying it out which makes it worse. Has he tried mousse? I know a lotta curly girls like to use that. That would give some control without trying to beat the hair into submission and make it do what it won&#39;t. I say throw away the anti-fizz creme and other shiz cause that aint gonna work. His hair isn&#39;t going to lie flat, but it looks great anyway!

The only way his beard is going to lie on his face is if he cuts it reaaaaaally short, otherwise it&#39;s going to grow out. I personally think he just needs to accept it and move on. His hair is gorgeous! ^_^

p.s. is thinned the same as layered? Cause he could get his hair layered too and that would thin it out a bit yet still look fly
    God loves me the way He made me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast