Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it were legally documented tomorrow that my great-great grandmother was full Cherokee, I would burn the papers.
    [/b]
    not me. let me find out, can you say FREE education?

I think it's a fair assumption on his part. In his world, maybe there aren't many African-American women who choose to wear their hair naturally, so he assumes you may be from somewhere else. I know where I live, very few women are nappy.
    [/b]
    yep. give it time, people will start seeing nappturals everywhere and there will be no more "what are you" questions.
    "don't be in such a hurry to condemn a person because s/he doesn't do what you do, or think as you think. there was a time when you didn't know what you know today." ~malcolm X

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it&#39;s ignorant. i suppose it&#39;s better to be asked than for people to assume... mainly because people just assume i&#39;m not "straight black" because i have lighter skin and my hair happens to have coil definition. oh, and because i don&#39;t act like a hoodrat... <_<
    Where to find LL:

http://public.fotki.com/ladylibra1982/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ladylibra1982
    http://ll82sblog.blogspot.com/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:lol: @ bolded part. *change my name to Pocahontas and gets all loud up in the financial aid office tombout I gots Indian in mah fambly.

not me. let me find out, can you say FREE education?
    yep. give it time, people will start seeing nappturals everywhere and there will be no more "what are you" questions.
    [/b]
    [b][i] Yes, I said I would never subscribe. But I&#39;d rather feel slightly uncomfortable about my sexuality than disrespected for my race.
    [/i][/b]

[b][SIZE=3]Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo[/SIZE][/b]

[b][i]Ambrose Bierce[/i][/b]

Yep, I&#39;m a gay!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

native americans get free education?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ :lol: How can I get in on this?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what does "straight black" even mean?? My parents are from JA and I&#39;m first generation Canadian. My heritage might have some mix up mix up business in there somewhere, but it all cancelled out (LOL) and there is no mistaking me for anything BUT "straight" black.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

native americans get free education?
    [/b]
    black people do too. you just have to do some research and spending weekends in the library on lexis/nexis looking for the hook ups

KhymFree is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmmm straight black...i would have been a smart **** and said "i&#39;m actually somewhere between caramel and chocolate...i&#39;ve NEVER seen a STRAIGHT black person...EVER"...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am Black. Period. But I get the Jamaican/Carribean/African descent question at least twice a week from random strangers as I am going to work :rolleyes: ...because I am adopted and don&#39;t know my birth parents, I can&#39;t rule it out, but as far as I know and am concerned, &#39;straight&#39; Black is what I rep...
    Have a great day,

Serenity
    IT Manager, Engagement, Technical Support
    Apollo Group, Inc.

Just a girl and her blog...
    True Serenity...Yeah, I Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It annoys me when people ask me this question, assuming that I&#39;m of &#39;Black with something special thrown in&#39; because otherwise wouldn&#39;t my hair be a disgusting fetid nest of rats? Or almost as bad, assuming that all American Black women have relaxxers/wear horse-hair down to their azzes.
    [/b]
    But isn&#39;t that pretty much the case? I mean I had a cab driver assume I was anything but black American because he said that most black American women he&#39;d dealt with didn&#39;t wear their hair like I did.

Well, he&#39;s right, no?

The ones here mostly have braids, r.elaxers, weaves or anything else but their natural hair.

I still have no idea what "straight black" means. Assuming that means whether I&#39;m multiracial or not, I don&#39;t friggin&#39; know. What I know is I&#39;m black and that&#39;s fine with me.

No one asks me that here; they&#39;re just freaking out that I&#39;m black

I am Black. Period. But I get the Jamaican/Carribean/African descent question at least twice a week from random strangers as I am going to work :rolleyes: ...because I am adopted and don&#39;t know my birth parents, I can&#39;t rule it out, but as far as I know and am concerned, &#39;straight&#39; Black is what I rep...
    [/b]
    I&#39;m adopted too, so that&#39;s another wrinkle. I just say I&#39;m black, but again, it&#39;s rare that someone asks me.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast