Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me and my friend was talking about this awile ago and she thought that white people hair grows faster I told her it did not, cause my hair grows pretty fast, my husband is hispanic and my hair I think grows faster than his, and plus I went to school for cosmetology, and they said it really depends on your genes, but hair usually grows about a half an inch a month, and that with everyone all races some may grow a little faster (all races) but what I think is that the relaxers have slowed down the growth of some black women you know with it breaking off and stuff. So i just thought i would share this just in case anyone thought that white peoples hair grew faster, no you know it does not.

http://www.fotki.com/santreia

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although it's an unpopular opinion, I believe it does (on average). Sure there are some black people's hair that grows faster than others, but as a whole caucasians hair does grow faster. I don't see what's wrong with saying that. It is what it is.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. I used to believe this, and I also told this to white people. :doh
    My fotki!
    ~small June update~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it doesn't. straighter hair appears to grow faster because there isn't shrinkage.

also black hair has a tendency to be dry and fragile because of all the loop de loops which means that there's a tendency for more breakage.

it also depends on genetics and overall health. in addition most whte people i know tend to manipulate their hair less than we do

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Exactly!!! The women on Np should be testament to the fact that yes, our hair does grow as fast as white folk's!!
    My fotki!
    ~small June update~

Samielle1 Guest

I don't think it does. It only appears that way if it's straighter. When I had a chemical fire cream, my hair appeared to grow really fast because it was straight. Now it doesn't because it's all drawn up. Straighter hair shows length.

I used to think the same thing about black men also, why it seemed their hair grew so fast. It's about manipulating hair too much. Alot of black women don't know how to just leave their hair alone and just let it grow.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I'm not concerned with their hair growth rate. I am more concerned about the health of my own hair. If anyone asked I'd probably say that it doesn't grow faster because of all the reasons the other ladies have listed so far.

-tinykias

ms_rite is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I'm not concerned with their hair growth rate. I am more concerned about the health of my own hair.
    -tinykias
    [/b]
    Exactly!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that it grows faster than Black hair. I just think that it grows differently based on texture of hair. I think that African American or Black hair has more kink and curl which makes it appear shorter. But once the hair is stretched out or measured it can be the same length or longer than majority population. Also, I think that it depends on genetics, the individual, diet, and maintenance of your hair.

Peace,
    Rasta
    "As you educate a woman, you educate the family. If you educate the girls, you educate the future."

Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan

Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations. If you adopt their attitudes, then the possiblity won't exist because you'll have already shut it out. You can hear other people's wisdom, but you've got to re-evaluate the world for yourself.
    Dr. Mae Jemison, astronaut

Run Isiah 40:31

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it doesn't. straighter hair appears to grow faster because there isn't shrinkage.

also black hair has a tendency to be dry and fragile because of all the loop de loops which means that there's a tendency for more breakage.

it also depends on genetics and overall health. in addition most whte people i know tend to manipulate their hair less than we do
    [/b]
    My sentiments exactly.
    "To whom much is given much is required."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast