Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night was my night to do my neem oil scalp treatment (for itching and flakes). I usually mix it with a natural oil like jojoba or olive oil. I was out of olive oil and the jojoba was upstairs. I found some liquid coconut oil in my medicine cabinet. I laughed because it's been so hot that my coconut oil was actually sitting in my cabinet in liquid form. That's when it occurred to me to mix the neem with the coconut oil--basically because I was too lazy to go upstairs. :P

I spritz my hair to make it damp then I used an applicator bottle to put my coconut oil--neem mixture all over my scalp. Then I put herbal Essences "hello hydaration" all over my hair. I covered with a plastic cap and tied a scarf over the entire thing and went to bed. Yes my head was hot but my hair loves these overnight conditioning sessions. <_<

When I washed that stuff out I could not believe it when my Denman brush slipped through my hair. It was like detangling after a fresh chemical fire cream. My hair wasn&#39;t straight at all but it was much flatter (if that makes sense)--it felt less dense and the brush slipped through. I could not believe it. All of my hair looked shiny and pretty too.

My hair loves coconut oil anyway--but I never expected to be slipping anything through my hair after five months plus of new growth. I am so excited and thought I&#39;d share this with you. I used regular cheap coconut oil from the supermarket. I found it in the ethnic foods section. It does say 100% coconut oil but it&#39;s not organic or anything special like that.

I believe this was caused by the coconut oil because I have done the neem treatment several times with different oils and have not had this same experience. I also think any cheap moisturizing conditioner would work.
    Nappy hair isn't burdensome. Dispel the myths early--blogging nappy hair care for girls.
    Blog
    Fotki
    CherishMyDaughter on YouTube and Facebook

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that&#39;s fantastic. Do u remember where you bought the coconut oil from? I might have to try your concoution (sp?) sounds like my hair would live it. My scalp is always itching ( in one spot) and it stays white( all over). I thought it was damage from the perms but then again I don&#39;t put anything on my scalp b/c I was told we aren&#39;t suppose to b/c it clogs up our pores and stops our hair from growing :unsure: thnaks for sharing

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night was my night to do my neem oil scalp treatment (for itching and flakes). I usually mix it with a natural oil like jojoba or olive oil. [/b]
    What is neem oil scalp treatment? Where can I find this?
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/NappyCandice/"]http://public.fotki.com/NappyCandice/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that&#39;s fantastic. Do u remember where you bought the coconut oil from? I might have to try your concoution (sp?) sounds like my hair would live it. My scalp is always itching ( in one spot) and it stays white( all over). I thought it was damage from the perms but then again I don&#39;t put anything on my scalp b/c I was told we aren&#39;t suppose to b/c it clogs up our pores and stops our hair from growing :unsure: thnaks for sharing
    [/b]
    Hey!! I don&#39;t know if the coconut oil by itself will take care of the itch. I add neem oil to it because it&#39;s suppose to fight dandruff and other skin condition--especially if it&#39;s caused by fungus. Neem oil is antifungal. tea tree oil is also antifungal. So you could probably substitute the neem oil for tea tree oil. I read about neem right on this site in the Alopecia hair loss section. I ordered it from The Ahimsa Alternative Inc. www.neemresource.com. Let me tell you that this stuff STINKS. It smells like strong onions and garlic. I used too much the first time while my hair was still in twist. i couldn&#39;t wash the smell out for anything and while my sister was visiting she wanted to know what that smell was--even though we were outside. I have learned not to do it on twisted/braided hair. I wash it out much more easily when my hair is loose.

I&#39;m using it because I bought it and want to get my money&#39;s worth and I figure it can&#39;t hurt. I don&#39;t know if I&#39;d recommend getting the neem. I&#39;m also taking flaxseed oil and fishoil--both of which can also explain my improved scalp.

As for the slip--that&#39;s definitely the coconut oil.

What is neem oil scalp treatment? Where can I find this?
    [/b]
    Try the coconut oil with maybe 2 or 3 drops of tea tree----the stuff is strong and a little goes a long way. Neem is strong too. I messed up and mixed 2 oz with a little jojoba the first time. That was WAY too much. The bottle says to mix one oz to 1.3gallons of water plus soap. One drop or two is all I needed to use. A tiny bit goes a long long way so there&#39;s no need to buy an 8 oz bottle like I did ^_^ . I&#39;m learning.

As I said I wouldn&#39;t kill myself to get the neem. It is cheap though.

I bought my coconut oil at a supermarket called Western Beef. But I&#39;ve seen coconut oil in any supermarket. People cook with it. You will also easily find it in Indian grocery stores. Amla oil is mostly coconut. The amla that&#39;s in it is also suppose to fight flakes, strengthen hair and promote growth. It&#39;s cheap too.
    Nappy hair isn't burdensome. Dispel the myths early--blogging nappy hair care for girls.
    Blog
    Fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]
    I only leave this stuff on my scalp for the length of the treatment then I rinse it out with shampoo. I only put jojoba oil on my scalp. It&#39;s the closest natural oil to the stuff our scalps make naturally. Someone told me it even clears out my pores. I put it on my scalp after washing my hair. Sometimes I&#39;ll see flakes a few days later so I&#39;ll put it only where I see the flakes. I try to only use as little as possible.
    Blog
    Fotki

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]
    I buy Coconut Oil from WalMart in the Hispanic row it is placed with the cooking oils

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I buy Coconut Oil from WalMart in the Hispanic row it is placed with the cooking oils
    [/b]

Thanks for posting that. I keep forgetting they have coconut oils in the hispanic and asian row? How must did you pay? I&#39;ve always thought that you must buy the organic kind from whole foods, but hopefully that&#39;s not the case....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night was my night to do my neem oil scalp treatment (for itching and flakes). I usually mix it with a natural oil like jojoba or olive oil. I was out of olive oil and the jojoba was upstairs. I found some liquid coconut oil in my medicine cabinet. I laughed because it&#39;s been so hot that my coconut oil was actually sitting in my cabinet in liquid form. That&#39;s when it occurred to me to mix the neem with the coconut oil--basically because I was too lazy to go upstairs. :P

I spritz my hair to make it damp then I used an applicator bottle to put my coconut oil--neem mixture all over my scalp. Then I put herbal Essences "hello hydaration" all over my hair. I covered with a plastic cap and tied a scarf over the entire thing and went to bed. Yes my head was hot but my hair loves these overnight conditioning sessions. <_<

When I washed that stuff out I could not believe it when my Denman brush slipped through my hair. It was like detangling after a fresh chemical fire cream. My hair wasn&#39;t straight at all but it was much flatter (if that makes sense)--it felt less dense and the brush slipped through. I could not believe it. All of my hair looked shiny and pretty too.

My hair loves coconut oil anyway--but I never expected to be slipping anything through my hair after five months plus of new growth. I am so excited and thought I&#39;d share this with you. I used regular cheap coconut oil from the supermarket. I found it in the ethnic foods section. It does say 100% coconut oil but it&#39;s not organic or anything special like that.

I believe this was caused by the coconut oil because I have done the neem treatment several times with different oils and have not had this same experience. I also think any cheap moisturizing conditioner would work.
    [/b]
    WOW! I thought my hair just so happened to love coconut oil because I had the same thing happen. I was experiminting with a ton of natural oils and quickly found that a deep condition with coconut oil was the answer. Can we say "I&#39;m in LOVE!" This is a good detangler and boy does it make your hair shine!
    TruBeauT
    Last cfc: Mid Oct 2006
    ---> Goal is to wear long lasting protective styles from Thanksgiving 2006 to Oct 2007! (Only to return to Protective when winter comes LOL!
    [b]So far I&#39;m successful[/b] :D :lol:
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/mahogonyP/"]http://public.fotki.com/mahogonyP/[/url]
    Udated 7-13-2007
    PM me for password

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting that. I keep forgetting they have coconut oils in the hispanic and asian row? How must did you pay? I&#39;ve always thought that you must buy the organic kind from whole foods, but hopefully that&#39;s not the case....
    [/b]
    Less than $3 girl--not organic--just regular. but it was 100% coconut oil.
    Blog
    Fotki