Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I see people using this term when describing how a product affects their hair, but I don't understand what it means. Can someone kindly explain what it is exactly? Thanks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've wondered this also.. But I think it has something to do with the comb or brush "slipping" or pulling throught he hair easily, which i guess means the hair is detangled

But I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong

Samielle1 Guest

I was just about to start a topic about this also. I would like to know the same thing.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I might know what you're talking about, but just to make sure: how have you heard people using the term?
    <div align="center">FOTKI heaven! </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I might know what you&#39;re talking about, but just to make sure: how have you heard people using the term?
    [/b]
    Yes. I have seen people using the term when talking about certain hair products.

Samielle1 Guest

I think I might know what you&#39;re talking about, but just to make sure: how have you heard people using the term?
    [/b]

Well, I always hear people say it after they&#39;ve used a certain product, such as a conditioner. They&#39;ll say the conditoner gave their hair slip.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yellowfoxx21 is spot on.

usually......if a product (especially a poo or conditioner) helps in the detangling process, then it has slip. just like if you slip on a piece of ice in the winter, the comb, brush or your fingers can (eventually) make it easier separate the hair and allow you to loosen the tangles alot easier than if you used nothing at all.

permies use it alot but naturals could too, heck i still use the term when judging a conditioner.

my personal examples: aphogee protein treatment, for obvious reasons, nor the moisture treatment that goes along with aphogee protein treatment does not give my hair any slip.

Aubrey Organics doesn&#39;t exactly give me slip but it softens the hair well enough to help separate tangles and knots.

v05 on the other hand gives me great slippage because it helps to release tangles and knots and allows a comb or brush to slide easily through a small section of hair & and lastly, elasta qp h2 is a leave-in conditioner and provides me with no slip.

Alot of people love Creme of Nature poo and conditioner because of thes attributes.

just a term that helps describe a conditioners properties, that&#39;s all.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I have seen people using the term when talking about certain hair products.
    [/b]
    yeah, I&#39;ve heard it used in two completely different contexts (I should have phrased that question better). (1) just what ^^gr2006 described. (2) a product that leaves a slippery texture to the hair. Before I decided to go natural I used a shampoo that left this real rubbery feel to my hair. When I went to the shop the stylist asked what I had used because whatever it was had given my hair this "slip".

So I guess it can be used in either a positive or negative way to mean two completely different things.
    <div align="center">FOTKI heaven! </div>