Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. What is your job title?
    2. Did you start off as that title or did you work your way up?
    3. What do you feel are the pros and cons of a marketing career?
    4. Is it difficult being a black woman in the marketing field?
    5. What is the nature of your work?
    Last chemical fire cream: July 11, 2005
    BC: May 13, 2006

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...umannature.jpg

May 20th I will be whisked away to Air Force Basic Training...please keep me in your prayers.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. What is your job title? senior marketing rep.

2. Did you start off as that title or did you work your way up? Not so much working up or down, but probably more laterally. I started at one company in another industry as a marketing asst., moved to another industry as a marketing asst. Became a marketing programs manager, then a product marketing manager. Then another industry, and now a sr. rep. The positions are not really comparable, other than they are all marketing positions.

3. What do you feel are the pros and cons of a marketing career? Pros: good combination of creativity and more quantifiable activities. Can be decent money, depending on the field and position. Usually field that has positions in every industry. Cons: hard to get into the field--"dues paying" more prevalent than in some other industries. Can be low wages in certain industries/positions. Sometimes the first position to be eliminated in budget cuts or layoffs. Can be difficult to solidfiy "value" to the organization (it's a field everyone thinks they can do, so it's sometimes not valued in every company).

4. Is it difficult being a black woman in the marketing field? Not to me, but other people's mileage may vary. I've been in the field for 11 years. I'm usually one of only a few black folks or women in the department.

5. What is the nature of your work? Textbook stuff--increasing sales, customers, revenue, etc. Executing projects and activities that achieve that end. It varies a bit by industry what activities you will need to execute, and also dictated by your budget.
    [/b]
    BC: March 25, 2006 (after a 12 month transition)
    Corkscrews & Coils served on a plate of Kinks & Naps.
    A Nappy Affair III, II, I PW: kinky
    Transitioning Pics

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<_< hmmm....
    very cheeky.

Anyhoo... thanks for the info!
    PEOPLE ! STAY NATURAL ! IT&#39;S IMPORTANT FOR OUR GENERATIONS, GENERATIONS, GENERATIONS...... onelovex

coming soon...

myspace
    I can&#39;t fit into a stereotype that makes me comfortable for you,"
    "If that makes me feel uncomfortable to you, I need to find some new company."

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im by no means experienced but I just graduated with a marketing degree in May. I had been working as an Internet Sales Consultant at a car dealership since December and just put in my two weeks. I just landed a job with a marketing company as a Promotional Field Manager for Harrison Beverages (Heineken Lite, Amstel Lite, Dos Equis). Right now its only part time but the money is good and the person that hired me assured that if I can prove that I can handle the account by myself she would let me manage the South Jersey area by myself. With my job Ill be handling hiring and scheduling of the salesmodels, making sure promotional materials get to the right place at the right time, and evaluating salesmodels at thier promos.

I really got lucky since most marketing jobs in my area are sales, or customer service. Im also starting my own business too and I love that this job has an extrememly flexible schedule that would allow me to do both. It seems as though Im always the only black woman but so far that hasnt been a challenge.
    Last fire cream December 3, 2004
    BC January 14, 2006