dahabu is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many ladies here call their mates, SO, husbands, boyfriends etc "Daddy"?
    It is sometimes used romatically or as a petname, but let us dig deeper. I am curious about how many people who had a present father in their life and had a close relationship with him find the term "daddy" used for their mates appropriate or wierd. Is this an indicator of father issues or replacement or just a flattering petname for your lover? Maybe I just find it wierd because I would not want to be sleeping with someone I am calling "Daddy". Or am I just taking this too literal ?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um no my father is Daddy and let me tell you he is fearsome. If I were to call my bf Daddy I am sure both he and I would lose any desire we had going on at the time. *shudders*

Similarly I have only ever had one american bf and I was confused the first time he called me "Ma" he quickly stopped that though, I am not your Momma neither are you my Daddy that is too weird for me.

"What is for you cyaah be unfor you" Colin Channer
    5 year lock update
    5 1/2 year update

dahabu is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um no my father is Daddy and let me tell you he is fearsome. If I were to call my bf Daddy I am sure both he and I would lose any desire we had going on at the time. *shudders*

Similarly I have only ever had one american bf and I was confused the first time he called me "Ma" he quickly stopped that though, I am not your Momma neither are you my Daddy that is too weird for me.
    [/b]
    :lol:

"Ma" and any other mother referrences creep me out too.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I don't have a problem with saying "Big Daddy" during sex when I am asked the question "What's my name". Adding his name after the Big Daddy part also has a nice ring to it. It gives a man a feeling of being in control and knowing what he's doing. It's just a nickname and doesn't have to be that deep, no pun intended.

I don't have any issues with my father. To me the Daddy thing is no different from a man calling me "Baby". I know that I'm not a baby and that none of my men would consider dating babies. It's just a pet name and that's it.
    Quit tripping on what you're wearing on your behind and get some education in your head.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call my husband big daddy only when I'm playing around and NEVER in the bedroom.

My father is my best friend(just talked to him at lunch today :wub: ) so calling my DH Daddy would be ugh on so many levels.

I have friends who call me Ma but I mother most of my close male friends so it's a term on endearment. :wub:
    ~Never allow someone with limited vision to limit yours~
    Officially Nappy 6 Feb 03
    Loc Journey began 17 Mar 07
    I be bloggin'...PM me for the lank!
    iStruggle...I'm a work in progress
    If I don't respond to your post directed at me, I probably have you on ignore #truestory

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I don't have a problem with saying "Big Daddy" during sex when I am asked the question "What's my name". Adding his name after the Big Daddy part also has a nice ring to it. It gives a man a feeling of being in control and knowing what he's doing. It's just a nickname and doesn't have to be that deep, no pun intended.

[/b]
    I'm cracking up over here :lol: :lol: , but I see now problem with "Big Daddy", especially in those situations as stated above... I have a co-worker that calls her husband "dad", When she calls him she says "hey dad", it's just something that she does ...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't have a problem calling my dh "Big Daddy" because that's not what I called my Dad. Take away the "Big" and I'd have a problem. I don't know anyone who calls their dh Dad or Daddy. I do hear some Latinas call their SOs Poppy and hearing it makes me want to hurl.
    Livin.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call my dh "Daddy" at times...never really thought anything of it... :blush:
    Have a great day,

Serenity
    IT Manager, Engagement, Technical Support
    Apollo Group, Inc.

Just a girl and her blog...
    True Serenity...Yeah, I Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummmmmmmm :unsure: heyal naw..that sounds so pedophilish/child molostation type.......ewwwwwwwwwww

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are flattering petnames. And if you dig deeper I'm sure in many instances there is some oedipal/elektra stuff going on but that's not necessarily a bad thing. . . we often end up being attracted to people who resemble the first men/women we knew and loved, our parents.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast