Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All,

I am as many of you are learning my hair in the quest to find that perfect product, (talk about trial and error) and I was wondering if any one has tried the Shea Moisture product line, you can buy it online or even at your local beauty supply, I'm thinking about it b/c of the all the high praise shea butter gets but before I buy yet another product I was wonder what you ladies thought, I am really thinking of just of using the VO5 line for now it seems to work for alot of people.

Ce Jae

[url="http://public.fotki.com/CeJae/"]http://public.fotki.com/CeJae/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never used that particular product, the only shea butter product I have used is the ORS Shea Butter Scalp oil.

I usually don't use shea butter products because if you look at the ingredients, shea is usually FAR down on the list, which means there's not a lot of shea in there anyways and the product is usually a buncha synthetic gunk.

Besides the fact that I dunno what kind of shea butter is in the product. I prefer to just buy raw, unrefined shea and use it straight, no chaser.

Good luck!
    God Bless!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two of my Staples:

unrefined Shea Butter and Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in

luhhvv it!
    [color=#CC33CC][SIZE=2][i]do it with LOVE..[/i][/color]</span>

<span style="color:#009900">[b]BC[/b] left w/1inch of hair: [b]22 JUNE 06[/b]
    [b]Started Locs [/b] w/6-9.5 inch Comb Coils: [b]26 FEB 08[/b][/SIZE]

[url="http://members.fotki.com/JwitAKiNK/about/"]http://members.fotki.com/JwitAKiNK/about/[/url]
    [url="http://www.meez.com/sexiijessii"][img]http://images.meez.com/user/5/1/0/0/5/9/0/5100590_bodyshot_300x400.gif[/img][/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concur with the other two ladies, raw unrefined shea butter is the best. I now mix it with coconut oil and aloe vera gel (courtesy of Moe) to make shealoe. I tried a product by SheaMoisture back when I was transitioning and it was a bust. I ended up throwing it away (only used it once). Left my hair greasy and terrible feeling. Try it out if you want to though, it might work for you. Also be careful where you get it from. I saw a bottle of it the other day at the African store and when I opened it up to smell it, the product had molded badly and was disgusting. Open your bottle and check it out before you buy it!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concur with the other two ladies, raw unrefined shea butter is the best. I now mix it with coconut oil and aloe vera gel (courtesy of Moe) to make shealoe. I tried a product by SheaMoisture back when I was transitioning and it was a bust. I ended up throwing it away (only used it once). Left my hair greasy and terrible feeling. Try it out if you want to though, it might work for you. Also be careful where you get it from. I saw a bottle of it the other day at the African store and when I opened it up to smell it, the product had molded badly and was disgusting. Open your bottle and check it out before you buy it!
    [/b]
    I use the SheaMoisture leave-in conditioner as a daily moisturizer. Just rub some into damp hair every morning and leave my hair soft, smelling yummy and wonderful to touch. :-) I highly recommend as a daily moisturizer

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use the Sheamoisture Leave in and I LOVE it!!!! It is the PERFECT heavy moisturizing leave in for my dry hair this winter! I use it daily and apply to soaking wet hair, and then apply my styler and shake and if (depending on the weather). I get GREAT results this way (my avaitor is an example). I also use it as a leave in before I twist my hair when the temp REALLY drops.

Here are the ingredants for the product: shea butter, deionized water, herbal complex, panthenol, centromonium chloride, glycerin, cocoa butter, aloe vera, jojoba oil, vitamin e

You can read more about the company on thier website (www.sheamoisture.com). I think that thier prodcuts are really good for the price (less than $7 a bottle) and for ME, I don&#39;t have time to buy raw materials and make my own products....to labor intensive!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so glad that some of you are getting good results with the product. I hope I get the same. My hair loves butters so I thought I would try it. I have seen the Sheamoisture line in some fotki&#39;s so the PJ in me couldn&#39;t resist.

Last chemical fire cream: August 31, 2009

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use the Sheamoisture Leave in and I LOVE it!!!! It is the PERFECT heavy moisturizing leave in for my dry hair this winter! I use it daily and apply to soaking wet hair, and then apply my styler and shake and if (depending on the weather). I get GREAT results this way (my avaitor is an example). I also use it as a leave in before I twist my hair when the temp REALLY drops.

Here are the ingredants for the product: shea butter, deionized water, herbal complex, panthenol, centromonium chloride, glycerin, cocoa butter, aloe vera, jojoba oil, vitamin e

You can read more about the company on thier website (www.sheamoisture.com). I think that thier prodcuts are really good for the price (less than $7 a bottle) and for ME, I don&#39;t have time to buy raw materials and make my own products....to labor intensive!!!
    [/b]
    Where in the DC area is the Shea Moisture? I looked before I left for break and I didnt see it on georgia Ave.
    [url="http://howard.facebook.com/album.php?aid=-3&l=bd9ed&id=1398750241"]http://howard.facebook.com/album.php?aid=-...d&id=1398750241[/url] - My facebook profile Album!!

[url]www.fotki.com/talisa3636-[/url] Older album!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where in the DC area is the Shea Moisture? I looked before I left for break and I didnt see it on georgia Ave.
    [/b]
    I&#39;ve found it in most beauty supply stores...check the large koren owned ones. I&#39;ve seen it at the BSS on Rhode Island Ave across from the metro...in the shopping center where the national wholesale liquidator is...it&#39;s called Judy&#39;s.....it&#39;s $7.99 a bottle...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have used the Shea Moisture Shea bUtter Leave in Conditioner. It was pretty good and definitely lasted quite a while !

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast