neveah is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have dry hair and a dry, itchy scalp. I've decided to try herbs like shikakai, aritha, etc. I tried to order a free sample online, but the company never mailed the products to me. Can anyone recommend a web site to order decent, affordable Indian herbal products from?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...

fromnaturewithlove.com.

I used to buy amla and brahmi there.
    My fotki!
    ~small June update~

neveah is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMP for more responses

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I order all my Ayurvedic herbs from FNWL. They sell it in the powder form and I run them through an old coffee pot to make a hair rinse. I also add hibiscus to my acv rinse. I have had great results and recommend them highly. You get a lot of the powder and they sell different sizes.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neveah....I have been using Indian herbs for a few months and I've purchased the following powders from http://kamdarplaza.com/ for $1.99 - 100g (3.5oz) each ...it's waay cheaper than http://fromnaturewithlove.com/ (although, this site provides good info on the properties of various herbs and usually has the best price for henna powder) ...I purchase about five 3.5oz boxes to equal a pound at kamdar Plaza and it is still cheaper than the amount charged for a pound of the herbs at FNWL....

Amla powder
    Brahmi powder
    Aritha powder
    Shikakai powder

Hosted on Fotki

I make a cleansing tea in large batches, pouring the tea into ice cube trays & defrosting a few cubes on an as needed basis

Cleansing Tea
    8 cups (64oz)
    1 Tablespoon of each: Amla, Brahmi, Aritha, Shikakai powder

I place the powders in a glass jar.....I boil the water....pour the water over the powders in the glass jar...let it steep for about an hour...strain the tea (even after straining, bits of the powder will still be in the tea but this is ok--it does not get stuck in your hair or anything--the tea rinses out very well)

Before using the tea, I put my hair in sections & pour the tea in a spray bottle or applicator bottle w/ a pointy tip so that I can ensure that the tea gets to my scalp & hair ...you may have to do two consectutive rinses if you have a lot of product buildup or maybe even a clarifying treatment if you have too much buildup--but it cleanses well and does not strip your scalp/hair...

Hope this helps!

**By the way...FYI I think this thread will be moved to the homemade products forum eventually....
    <div align="center">[b] [color=#FF99FF]L[/color][color=#CC66CC]U[/color][color=#993399]V [/color] [color=#FF99FF]M[/color][color=#CC33CC]Y[/color] [color=#FF99FF]L[/color][color=#CC66CC]O[/color][color=#CC33CC]C[/color][color=#993399]S[/color][color=#FF99FF]!![/color]

[url="http://public.fotki.com/NappyRina/"]http://public.fotki.com/NappyRina/[/url][/b]</div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing nappyrina, I will have to check out kamdarplaza for myself .

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I purchase all my Indian herbs which do include the ones that have been listed and shown above, at a local Indian grocery store.
    The prices are about $1.99 per box.

HTH
    Last Lye 07/01 No Big Chop

I thank God for opening my eye to the Lye!!