Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are some of your routines for those of you who wear extensions?
    They that sow in tears shall reap joy. Psalms 126:5

Never bear more than one kind of trouble at a time. Some people bear three kinds; all they have had, all they have now, and all they expect to have. ---Edward Everett Hale

[url="http://fotki.com/livinbrown"]http://fotki.com/livinbrown[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By extensions, I'm assuming you mean cornrows and plaits, kinky twists, etc...

Anyhow, I suggest getting a light oil to keep your scalp lubricated such as olive oil
    For itchy scalp, do an ACV rinse, or wash/clarify as you would normally do, just dont scrub and ruin your style.
    As always, sleep in a satin scarf or bonnet and remember not to leave your style in too long
    Cornrows 1-3 weeks

Plaits/Kinky Twists 6-7 weeks

Micros 8 weeks

Take them out with care....applying a conditioner on your hair as you take the braids out and detangle is helpful....I should know, not only do I wear braids, but I braid hair part-time.

Hope this helps! :P
    [FONT=Arial] [i]LadyG is finally free![/i]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thans for the information this is useful as I am protective styling for growth.

What is ACV I have asked a few times but have not got any answer yet :unsure:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACV=Apple Cider Vinegar
    "...They just know my name, they don't know my pain..."Blackgirl Pain" Talib Kweli

Thank you to my pink angel. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thans for the information this is useful as I am protective styling for growth.

What is ACV I have asked a few times but have not got any answer yet :unsure:
    [/b]

I'm guessing ACV is apple cider vinegar...don't know any details on it though

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apple cider vinegar. It's good for itchy scalp, clarifying, stuff like that.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually wear braid extensions. What I do is shampoo once per week in the shower. Then I condition the braids with an instant conditioner, usually Suave. I let it drip-dry. When it's dry, I apply a braid spray to my scalp & hair. Then repeat the process the next week. At night, I wear a satin scarf, and keep the braids banded together so they don't get bent.

Ash2005 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I wore kinky twists, I would wash my scalp once a week in the shower with diluted dandruff shampoo (my scalp can be a beast sometimes), and then apply Infusium 23 leave in conditioner and wrap it up in a towel to dry. I didn't use a normal conditioner at all while I had them in. At night, I would wear my satin scarf which would keep my natural oils in and my edges flat. This worked well for me for the 2 1/2 months I had them in.

FYI: Deep condition your hair before you get them put in and when you take them out, make sure you COMB THROUGH YOUR HAIR (with a comb) to clear out the shed hair BEFORE you let a drop of water touch your hair! If not, get ready to enter knot city!
    Last CFC: May 10, 2006
    BC: November 11, 2006
    Length of transition: 6 months and 2 days
    MY ALBUM

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ seriously it just FINALLY recently hit me why my hair is always such a tangled, tearing mess. :lol: I would skip the combing, because OMG it's too much work (laziness after spending hours taking out micros) and I'd just jump into the shower for the wash.....arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggh.

I also never learned how to clarify well. Shampoos with all their residues will cause an itchy scalp (which will prompt me to WASH some more and end up with a DRYER and itchier scalp...not to mention, MORE build up).

So now, I deep condition before I put braids in. And then I do a baking Soda/ACV once a week (sometimes every two weeks if it's winter)...I water down my shampoos, a LOT (Shampoo first...Bakin' Soda/ACV second). Followed by a very light oil mixed in with just plain water in a spritzer).

And oh lord. My hair has never been better when I take it down. No build up, no hair breakage, virtually no knots (I make sure to completely detangle before I go for the big wash/conditioning).

Edit: Oh yea, also....for your edges to avoid breakage...., I don't know if it will apply to you..or if it'll work the same, but I usually take mine down when it starts to look loose or hanging off funny (I also put less hair on that area when it comes to extensions...less fake hair, more of my real hair). I then add some castor oil there and leave it alone for a few days (I wear head bands or just somehow blend it in, lol)...and then I just redo it. I don't know, but it seems to really help. My edges are really soft and weak...and I used to really abuse it (thankfully it would forgive me and grow back instead of giving me the evil bald spot).
    <div align="center">http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...kon001/aww.jpg
    "Nappy love"
    Drawn by yours truly. ;)
    tumblr blog

</div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apple cider vinegar. It&#39;s good for itchy scalp, clarifying, stuff like that.
    [/b]
    Thanks where can it be bought...what type of store.

Have any UK Nappturals bought it before?