Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My father wants to lock his hair but he has really bad flacking and itching (scalp psoriasis), does anyone have advice.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry so late, I think he needs to get his scalp under control first if possible. Has he tried any prescription shampoos/ointments? If he locs without his scalp being okay the flakes will probably end up meshed in the dreadlocks and that is potentially unhygenic and will probably leave noticable build up. If he can get his scalp under control he should lock his hair in a manner that allows frequent washing from the begining (I assume that one needs to wash a lot with medicated shampoo with this condition) such as the nappylocks method or backcombing (which I have done). Maintenance would probably be best accomplished by latching. At the end of the day hygene comes first and the water will probably help the hair lock up.
    [b]"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation…want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightening. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters…. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will." [/b] -- Frederick Douglass, 1857

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Locking Hair With Serious Scalp Conditions Sut As Psoriasis

Quote Originally Posted by atticsalt8686 View Post
    Sorry so late, I think he needs to get his scalp under control first if possible. Has he tried any prescription shampoos/ointments? If he locs without his scalp being okay the flakes will probably end up meshed in the dreadlocks and that is potentially unhygenic and will probably leave noticable build up. If he can get his scalp under control he should lock his hair in a manner that allows frequent washing from the begining (I assume that one needs to wash a lot with medicated shampoo with this condition) such as the nappylocks method or backcombing (which I have done). Maintenance would probably be best accomplished by latching. At the end of the day hygene comes first and the water will probably help the hair lock up.
    Do you like apple cider vinegar to remove your dandruff... black soap helps too...
    Palm Rolling... 125 locs... Nature's Protein Gelee

Naturals Salon & Spa... http://gotlocsva.com/

http://www.afropedea.org/pics