Thread: Strapless Bras

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two strapless bras (they're actually convertible, with removable straps) that both have that non-slip silicone stuff around the inside of the band...and after hours of wear that thing HURTS! :crying: It's very uncomfortable and I can't take it off fast enough when I get home.

If you know of a place and/or brand that carries comfortable strapless bras, share!
    <div align="center">"I don't follow the crowd...I lead it."
    Last CFC: 9/10/05
    Napptural since 8/6/06

Pink since 6/07!
    Fotki updated 10/19/08
    </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[size=function() { return this[this.length-1];}][size=function() { return this[this.length-1];}][size=function() { return this[this.length-1];}]
    I have a wonderbra strapless bra and it fits perfect! It was like 30 bucks at a dept. store. I wear a 36B and it lifts, covers and doesn&#39;t slide down. It also makes the B&#39;s look like C&#39;s!
    He proposed! I&#39;m getting hitched in November!

http://i44.tinypic.com/316lxmd.gif

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for this post. I need to buy a good one too. As much as I love Victoria&#39;s Secret, their strapless bras don&#39;t work too well for me. AND they&#39;re expensive...so cheaper bras would be nice too :P
    4 years natural!
    1 year loc'd and finally happy :)

www.twitter.com/dailygazelle

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one I got for a friend’s wedding a couple years ago. I’m a 38DDD and that thing works. At first I was thinking there is no way I’m going to find a strapless bra to hold these girlies up but I was referred to a specialty store by the lady at the bridal shop. It cost about $70.00 but was worth it. She took me in the back and asked me to remove my shirt, took one look at me, pulled out a bra and said “this should do it.” The people at the shop were really nice and helpful; I ended up buying two more bras. If you are on the bigger end of the spectrum like me, I would stay away from Victoria Secrets and would go to a specialty shop. It may cost more, but it’s worth it.

Oh, and to answer the question about comfort, that bra definitely has a time limit. After a while it starts to pinch under my arm on one side. I know bras had to be invented by men because it’s no way a woman would purposely invent that torture device. :Angry: :lol:

mwedzi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a very long thread about bras on a knitting forum I chat on, and lots of people recommended, if you got the money, to go get fitted at one of the better places, like Nordstrom&#39;s or Macy&#39;s. They have expert bra-fitters there, and they say it&#39;s worth the money if you can at all afford it. I&#39;m usually okay with most strapless bras, I have one I got on sale from VS in their Pink line, but I have small boobs and bras usually don&#39;t hurt me, even strapless ones.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a very long thread about bras on a knitting forum I chat on, and lots of people recommended, if you got the money, to go get fitted at one of the better places, like Nordstrom&#39;s or Macy&#39;s. They have expert bra-fitters there, and they say it&#39;s worth the money if you can at all afford it. I&#39;m usually okay with most strapless bras, I have one I got on sale from VS in their Pink line, but I have small boobs and bras usually don&#39;t hurt me, even strapless ones.
    [/b]
    Bras don&#39;t typically bother me either, just strapless ones. I love the VS pink line! Unfortunately I think I&#39;m borderline D cup now and the ink bras only run up to C. I&#39;m starting to peep out over the top of the pink one I have, but I wear it anyway because it&#39;s so darned cute :P
    4 years natural!
    1 year loc'd and finally happy :)

www.twitter.com/dailygazelle

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) I&#39;d say first maybe just try the convertible bras that have the clear straps. Granted, you have to be willing to have the clear strap show, but that&#39;s really popular here in Asia so that&#39;s a suggestion. I started wearing them because the straps are basically accessories where you have all kinds of cute stuff going on :wub: That way you make the strap a fun accessory.

2) The other is what mwedzi and kurliehead said. Either go to one of the big department stores to get an expert fitting and recs or a speciality shop and be ready to pay a speciality price. I&#39;m sure you could even find someone to make a custom one for you. That&#39;s an option too.

Honestly, I think we spend so much on the covering that spending a bit on the underwear isn&#39;t a bad thing. I felt the most confident in a formal gown when I laid down the cash for a nice support bra to go under it.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) I&#39;d say first maybe just try the convertible bras that have the clear straps. Granted, you have to be willing to have the clear strap show, but that&#39;s really popular here in Asia so that&#39;s a suggestion. I started wearing them because the straps are basically accessories where you have all kinds of cute stuff going on :wub: That way you make the strap a fun accessory.
    [/b]
    I have one! It&#39;s not the entire bra that&#39;s comfortable, just the bottom part w/ the no slip material. Maybe I will go get fitted.
    <div align="center">"I don't follow the crowd...I lead it."
    Last CFC: 9/10/05
    Napptural since 8/6/06

Pink since 6/07!
    Fotki updated 10/19/08
    </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have one from cacique (lane bryant) and it&#39;s great

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Large boobed girls...

I just bought my first boho dress. I'm so excited but I don't want to wear a shirt under it, I want to wear it strapless.

I need a good STRAPLESS/CONVERTIBLE bra for my girls. I'm a 34h/34ff.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've been looking online I may have to go the "bra lady" to pick up something STURDY!

TIA

LJ
    ~Never allow someone with limited vision to limit yours~
    Officially Nappy 6 Feb 03
    Loc Journey began 17 Mar 07
    I be bloggin'...PM me for the lank!
    iStruggle...I'm a work in progress
    If I don't respond to your post directed at me, I probably have you on ignore #truestory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast