Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^Ditto. I've found white folks to be indifferent, UNLESS, I'm wearing a puff and then I'll get curiosity stares.

I do remember doing some temp work about five years ago. I was at an insurance company and I just remember seeing this black woman in the cafeteria all the time who kept staring at me. Have no clue what her thoughts were but she was starting to unnerve me just a bit. But everytime I saw her I'd just smile and keep it moving cause if she was really having a problem with MY hair then it was HER problem and mos def not mine.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

JayEnn is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love of natural hair shows a true love of self. This is deemed as a threat to some and what the lady at Glamour illustrated is a clear example of the tools used to keep our perception of ourselves low.

The truth is our hair is facinating to everyone. we are the only race of people to have hair like this. That alone makes us special. But to know you are special gives you a sense of inner pride and srength and this is something that the powers that be do not wish to encourgae and hence they associate afros with "black politics".

Similarly I was walking with my partner hand in hand one evening and a drunk white guy shouted out to us "Black Power" as he held his fist up high.

How can a black couple holding hands signify Black Power??? or did he just think that seeing a black couple together was powerful??

I digress but the point is that they know that we in our natural state is beautiful but they will do all they can to make you not believe that.

Rock the 'fro in the boardroom, shop floor, factory, hospital or classroom with pride.
    Transitioned for 4 months
    Big chopped: 28 November 2010.

The sight and feel of my curls makes me happy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is political about having an afro? thats just how our hair grows lol

people had afros before the 60s!