Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

I had my last perm June of '99 when I graduated high school. While in college I did micros ALL the time. I grew tired of braids after graduation and have been doing a press and curl faithfully every two weeks for the last 3 years. Now my ends are super straight and I don't know what to do. My hair is very soft and I need some suggestions of products and styles. I tried to get 2 strand twists last night, but my ends are way too straight. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

msjaim2 Guest

FROM WHAT IVE GATHERD, I DONT BELIEVE THEIR IS ANY WAY IS WILL GO BACK TO ITS NATURAL TEXTURE....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

I had my last perm June of '99 when I graduated high school. While in college I did micros ALL the time. I grew tired of braids after graduation and have been doing a press and curl faithfully every two weeks for the last 3 years. Now my ends are super straight and I don't know what to do. My hair is very soft and I need some suggestions of products and styles. I tried to get 2 strand twists last night, but my ends are way too straight. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [/b]

Uh-oh, you are gonna get a bunch of "you shouldn't a done that's!". It's a possibility (and mostly of what I have read from others in your situation), that you will end up cutting the straight ends. I do believe your hair can become damaged and unnappable from constant straightening. I hope your hair will return to normal, if it doesn't, you may have to grab a nice, clean pair of shears and do what you have to do.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there anything I can do in the now. I've had braids for the last two months, so my roots are great. Cutting it would be a really big deal that I don't think I'm ready to handle yet. I'm open to leaveing blow drying and flaming hot tools of hair torture alone, but I just don't know where to start.

msjaim2 Guest

YOU COULD WET SET UR HAIR W/ BANTU KNOTS... THATS WHAT I DID WHEN I 1ST GREW MY RE.LA.XER OUT

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can try roller-setting or flexi-rod sets. Since the bonds in your hair have broken down due to all the heat you've used there's no guarantee that your hair will hold a style. You will eventually need to cut off your damaged ends and start fresh.
    A woman who tells you her age will tell you anything

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there anything I can do in the now. I've had braids for the last two months, so my roots are great. Cutting it would be a really big deal that I don't think I'm ready to handle yet. I'm open to leaveing blow drying and flaming hot tools of hair torture alone, but I just don't know where to start.
    [/b]

I believe that eventually some of the permanently straightened ends will need to go, but in the meantime to get your hair to its healthiest you must leave all of the heating tools alone!!! I would recommend a good strong protein treatment to strengthen your hair. There's a thread on this board on Aphogee's deep protein treatment. It's VERY strong. I used it in the past and initially it was fne, but with the 2nd treatment my hair was totally protein overloaded. I would recommend for you Nexxus Emergencee. It's very good and it has polymers in it that actually bond to the hair to strenghten it; according to the box directions for extremely damaged hair it can be used every 2 weeks. I use it monthly on my hair and it does wonders to keep my hair healthy. Just be sure to shampoo first, use the Emergence and then reshampoo with a moisturizing shampoo afterwhich do a good MOISURIZING DEEP CONDITIONING TREATMENT. Try this every 2 weeks for awhile to see just how much (if any) hair will need to be cut. HTH

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will probably need to transition out of your p.ressed hair the same way as if you had r.elaxer--either growing it out or doing a big chop. I transitioned from my r.elaxer for a year before I cut all of my r.elaxed hair off. During that year, I would do a deep conditioner every week and got my hair trimmed every 6 weeks. For styling, I normally did buns at the nape of my neck, and flat twistouts with the ends set on flexrods. Eventually, when I had about 4 or 5 inches of natural hair, I wore regular twistouts with the ends set on flexrods and puffs. The transitioners forum provided a lot of information and support. Good luck!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok. so I have not blow dryed my hair in about a week, but i still need help. I've been doing a roller and braid set all week. They come out pretty well, but I'm so tired rrebraiding or re rolling my hair at night. it there any products I can use to save my style??????????

Reviews
    Read 4 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok. so I have not blow dryed my hair in about a week, but i still need help. I've been doing a roller and braid set all week. They come out pretty well, but I'm so tired rrebraiding or re rolling my hair at night. it there any products I can use to save my style??????????
    [/b]

Well you can do this at home, or go to the salon to have them do it. You can get a straw set, or have them do a rod set. Now unfortunately both at the salon will involve the dryer, but if you search whitely gilbert, she did a rod set, w/ flexi rollers and no heat, and her style lasted for a REALLY long time, and it looked great. I know that you might be sick of redoing your hair nightly, so this might be an alternative. Just make sure to wear a scarf at night to preserve your style. Eventually you might want to take the tiem to learn about your hair. What it likes, what it doesn't what you don't like having to do and how you can get round it. You can always bun it up. You can get fake buns, use conditioner and aloe vera. Wet your hair first, then using a wide tooth comb( or the conair shower comb) or a vented brush, and put your hair back in a ponytail and slap on the fake bun. you might want to baggie your ends, and not rely on that as a staple style. Eventually using that daily can cause breakage at the area that you are putting in the ponytail. Search round. Post for style ideas in the main room. You can even ask for those who's natural texture is looser, for style ideas, and check out the transitioner's room to see what they are doing. I think that your situation may be very different then most on the site, and you and your hair need TLC right now. Those would be my suggestions for ya! hth, good luck to you!
    With Christ,obediance(please help me Holy Spirit),persistance,patience and His grace, all things are possible!