Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is i'm latching my hair and as with all things there is gonna be a learning curve. My main question I guess is for those that maintain through latching.

Did you notice a big difference between the areas of each loc in the sections that are twisted and the latched areas as your hair grew out?

I started my locs with twists on about 9-10 inches of hair and I started wondering last night if these areas would look vastly different from the rest of my hair that's getting latched as it grows out.

Oh another question....

Even though i'm latching should I be twisting in my loose hairs?

I don't see a big deal with my hair from not doing it -- my hair is pretty frizzy and I've already had several people asking me questions about my 'locs' -- I feel like such a cheater because I don't have many buds yet or anything but I think the frizz gives me that 'mature' look.

I feel like an overdeveloped teenager.... I don't know what to do with all this sometimes :lol:.

Oh yeah... my creeping roots... but that's another thread altogether.

Other than that everything is going fine.

Thanks C~N~Q

Locs 2nd Set: April 3rd 2012 - Yup they're back

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey lady,
    You will see a difference between the latched section and the twisted section in the beginning of your transition to latching but after a few months (or weeks, depending on your texture) the loc will look uniform and you won't be able to tell the difference between the two sections. In reference to twisting the loose hairs up into the loc when you latch, I learned a long time ago that this is a good practice, as it helps the base of the loc to remain strong. I know what you mean about the frizzy look - I *loved* that stage because my hair looked so thick! Enjoy it while it lasts! HTH
    [SIZE=2][b][url="http://www.youtube.com/nappturousdiva"]Natural? Check out my NAPPTUROUS VIDEO Channel![/url]
    [url="http://www.myspace.com/executivemarketinggroup"]Nappturous Diva's MYspace[/url][/b][/SIZE]