Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I'm asking b/c I've just realized I don't have a set 'routine'. I do things for my hair on a as-needed basis. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not but it's what I've been doing for the last 5-6yrs.
    But I see lots of nappies doing style after style and I'm like ohhhhhhhhhhh :P
    I have issues w/knots & tangles so I style according to how much time & energy I have. If I don't have a lot of time I'll do wash n go's/puffs all week. Because once I wear the first wash n go, it's tangled & I'd have to detangle again (usu. wet) in order to do any thing to it. This takes up more time. So I just continue to do WNGPs.
    If I have time I'll do fat twists, after detangling, or flat twists (2 more often than not), then twist-outs. When I do get the time & strength to do small'ish twists or many flat twists, I'll leave them in about a week or more depending on how they look & my scalp.
    I spritz or shower mist daily. Wash at least bi-wkly some times wkly. No 'poo wkly. Deep condition about once a month and hot oil tx every few months.
    My hair is a past shoulder length when stretched, and I've got prolly 60% shrinkage I guess it's nappy/b w/not a lot of defined coils just a few sprinked here n there. hmmmmmmmmmmm............................

So, how 'bout you? Am I way off? Do you have any tips/pointers for me (esp. w/knots & tangles prob.)
    Do tell your texture and I'm open to product suggestions also
    thanks in advance
    REGEE
    I LOVE my NAPPZ :) !!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wash an do my hair everyday. my hair doesnt even get a chance to tangle up cause of how often i wash it. since the start of my journey my hair has grown faster with this method and my hair is healthier for it.

my routine is simple, just wash an d airdry. i dont do any fancy styles just, wash an gos or ponytails, yesterday i tried twistouts for the first time. im def keeping this "routine" cause its done nothing but great things for my hair .

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually deep condition, wash, detangle (with fingers) and style my hair once a week.
    <div align="center">"I don't follow the crowd...I lead it."
    Last CFC: 9/10/05
    Napptural since 8/6/06

Pink since 6/07!
    Fotki updated 10/19/08
    </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you wash your hair and what do you use?
    NappyMe&#39;s blog has an entry about banding before shampooing. It seems to help to prevent detangling.
    http://nappyme.wordpress.com/category/mana...ong-nappy-hair/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christan W. I say this w/much love..............you got dat good hurr:-) What&#39;s your hair texture like?? 3a/b????

And even when I wash/no poo daily my hair STILL tangles badly:-0!!

Whoa, how&#39;d that happen????????? There was only 1 post when I went to reply.......my stupid &#39;puter........

I generally section my hair in 4 to shampoo & this kinda helps. The thing is once I take the sections out it then tangles. I don&#39;t know, maybe I need to find a product to help............

I usu. shampoo w/creme of nature, but just last week I started w/Origins knot free, which worked well.
    I&#39;ve been using Afro Detangler for my leave in, but I&#39;m not impressed by it so I&#39;ve been on the look out for another leave in..........
    I LOVE my NAPPZ :) !!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wash my hair everyday and i still get hella tangles. christian_w, maybe the texture of your hair just doesn&#39;t tangle as easily. i&#39;ve noticed that the looser curled areas of my hair and the areas that grow more down than out don&#39;t get tangled as easily.
    4 years natural!
    1 year loc'd and finally happy :)

www.twitter.com/dailygazelle

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when we start to take care of our hair, we all have good hair

according to andre walker system im a 3.c but depending on the product . how i dry it. and wether or not i comb or finger comb my hair it can look 3.b or 4.a as well.

i wash my hair everyday and i still get hella tangles. christian_w, maybe the texture of your hair just doesn&#39;t tangle as easily. i&#39;ve noticed that the looser curled areas of my hair and the areas that grow more down than out don&#39;t get tangled as easily.
    [/b]

i dont doubt it, but i figure if my hair tangles lss the more i wash it, wouldnt that be the same for four a or four b hair as well??? i could be totally wrong though lol.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe oil rinsing will help with detangling. :dunno:
    http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.ph...ic=105032&st=20

Or, you can find a routine that works for you under the "combing" section

http://www.nappturality.com/forum/in...owtopic=105049

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on my mood honestly lol. I wash my hair sometimes every night and I make sure to deep condition every weekend. Since I&#39;ve moved I noticed my hair texture changed quite a bit. I love my wash and go&#39;s but here my hair doesn&#39;t stand a chance. I&#39;m usually in knots or a pony tail
    [color=#CC0000][b][url]http://public.fotki.com/BoHoLioness/[/url][/b] [/color]

[color=#FFCC33][b]Pw: nappyme[/b][/color]

[img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7419/dscf4419qa7.jpg[/img][img]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6407/scf4421aq5.jpg[/img][img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/954/scf4420eq1.jpg[/img]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regee

i&#39;m kinda like you. i wash weekly and co wash during the week as needed/when i feel like it when its loose. if i do twists i&#39;ll wear them for a week and then do variations on the twist out the next week. if i don&#39;t co wash i will make sure a few drops of water get on it and fluff it up. i&#39;m trying not manupulate too often and i do big twists after washing and sometimes at night during the week. it jsut depends on how tired my arms feel.

kmac

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast