Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are so strong, and I am so proud of you for handling this the way that you have.
    It's not right, it's not fair, and unfortunately you'll have to make the choice as to whether you will continue to work and make money for a firm who not only condones such behaviour, but then blames the victim, however subtly.
    If you don't mind my asking, what city do you work in? I know that things like this happen all over America, but I know that some states are much more "sue/liability-concious" than others.

Just know that because you have maintained grace throughout this process, something wonderful will inevitably happen as a result. You just have to truly believe that it will.

Much Luv.
    [/b]
    Hi, thank you for your kind words. I am actually not in the US but in England, where I hear racism is a lot more subtle, but it sure wasnt that day! If anything Im lucky it was so outright because it is undeniable, there is no if but or maybe about it.

I have to say though, that after this, I REFUSE to straighten my hair and I will wear it as God gave it to me. How dare they?? I was never political about it before but now I truly truly understand how powerful our hair is. To me it was just hair, and I thought as many people on this board have said that it was just hair to others, but obviously not.

The world is so ugly.........

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the world is ugly, and racism is still racism in all its manifestations. Unfortunately we all have personal experience with ugliness; human nature is the same worldwide. Your friend's advice is dead on. You will definitely have to watch your back until you leave that place.

Good luck with your search, and I hope you are blessed at your new job.
    [SIZE=1][b][i]There's always something to suggest that you'll never be who you wanted to be. Your choice is to take it or keep on moving."[/i][/b] Phylicia Rashad[/SIZE]

[url="http://public.fotki.com/silverqueen/"]My Fotki[/url]
    pw:

[url="http://www.meez.com/silvernapps"][img]http://images.meez.com/user08/07/10/08/071008_10026316593.gif[/img][/url]

crmycoco is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lesson learned here is to SPEAK UP the second somebody does or says something to you you find offensive at the work place. If they do not cease and desist, then immediately go to HR. Discriminatory practices are not tolerated in the work place. No need for you to spend your entire day upset and unfocused. Let the other person squirm with the fear of reprimand. HR is there to protect, not admonish, you.

Thing is, there are people, white, black, and all in between, who think "risque" humor is okay, and if you don't stand up and immediately voice your concerns, well, things will go too far as you have just experienced.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234