ashta is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asha, I believe we are only at the quarterfinal stage. Serena and Vaidisova will play tomorrow, and if Serena wins, her semi will be televised on Saturday. Based on her play against Kuzzie last week and her tight match today against someone I never heard of, I'm kind of worried about her chances against Vaidy :unsure:
    [/b]

oh dang you're right.

serena still has to face her kryptonite - the quarterfinals.

but, how's nicky playing?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been following Vaidisova but she's always dangerous, except when she has mental meltdowns. I remember Serena played her in the AO semis this year and the match was very close, 7-6 7-6 or so.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O....M.....Rena said something nice about her opponent? :yes: :yes:

"She played a really good match; she was really consistent, and that can go a long way," Williams said. "I don't think I played upto my standards today; but I was glad to get through because I was working on some things, and got to do them in the match. Granted it might not work today, but in the future it'll work."

Oh grasshopper is learning....now to check the score against Nicole......

ETA: Now ashta she is off to the semis.... 6 4, 7 6 Rena! She had 11 aces and had to survive the second set tiebreak. Our girl is fighting the curse of the quarters, now let's see if she can keep the train moving....... :rolleyes:
    "Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring and integrity, they think of you."
    -----H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

My Webpage

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serena beats Vaidisova 6-4, 7-6. Finally back into another semi! Which will be televised on TTC tomorrow! :P She plays Kuzzie tomorrow, hopefully she plays a better match than she did last week.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@marissa: if you're around, sorry marat lost.
    [/b]
    Thanks. I'm so used to him losing, that I can't even feel more than a twinge of disappointment when I see it happen.

I need to get back in the tennis loop after a week of no internet access and five months of (almost) no tv coverage!
    ~ Last re.laxer 7.99 ~ Chop 7.00 ~ Locs 2.03 ~

[B]"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne[/B]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:hug: Hey marissasensei!! :blush:
    "Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring and integrity, they think of you."

My Webpage

ashta is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O....M.....Rena said something nice about her opponent? :yes: :yes:

"She played a really good match; she was really consistent, and that can go a long way," Williams said. "I don't think I played upto my standards today; but I was glad to get through because I was working on some things, and got to do them in the match. Granted it might not work today, but in the future it'll work."

Oh grasshopper is learning....now to check the score against Nicole......

ETA: Now ashta she is off to the semis.... 6 4, 7 6 Rena! She had 11 aces and had to survive the second set tiebreak. Our girl is fighting the curse of the quarters, now let's see if she can keep the train moving....... :rolleyes:
    [/b]
    whew! finally! past the quarters. yippeeeeee!

i don't think serena has anything against nicole. even though she is not known for unloading compliments on opponents, i think it is very difficult for her to do that with justine.

i also think v and rena's tendancy not to be effusive with compliments stemmed from their beginning days on the tour - if spirlea, a veteran player could deliberately bump into v during the us open match - i sure there were plenty other players who were not so kind. even lindsay had issues with v and serena in the beginning. hingis talked a lot of crap. they were all jealous. i would imagine that they developed an us against everyone else mentality.

and like i said before, when i was at the us open i remember people applauding their loss in doubles. i think they've been so used to people being hypercritical and unsupportive of them. that's why v commented during the open that she'd never received so much support there. it's easier to come out of your shell when you feel like people are on your side and won't disparage you for being unapologetically black, big, athletic and a winner.

i guess it's good to compliment other players but sometimes i just think the b.s. of it goes too far - like when federer was complimenting the serve of the guy he played at the open who was a student at georgia i believe. i was like :rolleyes: fed pleezzee.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my post was misleading....she was speaking about the qualifier she had to play during her second round.

They seem to get more love from other countries then their own but we know how fickle the States can be, unless of course you are.........oh wait no one.....

The Fed kills me because he is quick to say how great he played and stuff. Makes me realize I haven't mention my new fondness for David Ferrer, he is really a cutie. ^_^ Not to mention I like his hustle style of play. The only men's tourny I am looking for to is Madrid, because of course Rafa will be playing again. Wondering how he will do with such an extended break.

:wub: Djokovic is playing this week Vienna, off to check how the men's draw is forming......

My Webpage

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having Rafa withdrawal. Where the heck has he been? :unsure: I hope he doesn't have a serious injury or anything.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes me realize I haven't mention my new fondness for David Ferrer, he is really a cutie. ^_^
    [/b]
    Yay! *scoots over and makes a little more room on the Ferrer :wub: train* He's not the most talented or exciting player, but I love his hustle and the fact that he seems like such a decent, humble, down-to-earth guy. Would love to see him make it to Shanghai.

GwC, I'm going through Rafa withdrawal too, having not seen him play since the Wimbledon final(!). He was on plenty of ads and billboards in Spain (of course), so I was at least able to get my fix that way (I was good -- I did NOT give in to the urge to walk up and lick the sweaty, 12-foot tall Rafa in the Nike ads in the Madrid subway. :P). It's not the same as seeing him play, though.
    ~ Last re.laxer 7.99 ~ Chop 7.00 ~ Locs 2.03 ~

[B]"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne[/B]

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast