Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DONT PAY HER NO MIND, SOUNDS LIKE A HATER TO ME!!
    *UPDATED 4-3-12*

Yekomod's Fotki

crmycoco is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Report her.

Anyways, it don&#39;t even make sense. Aunt Jamima got a p.erm <_< :lol:
    [/b]
    :lol: :lol:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work in th ER, and I would like to say that she had no right saying anything like that even if she was thinking it. The white people at my job HATE it when I wear an afro to work, because everyone gives me the black power fist as I&#39;m walking down the hall, and it bothers them. I will tell you that I have had people on a couple of occassions say it was unprofessional for me to wear an afro, and I promptly told them that I don&#39;t have to wear my hair straight to gain acceptance from them,and if they have a problem with how my hair naturally is then that&#39;s their problem, and they shouldn&#39;t look if it bothers them so much. I also added that you don&#39;t hear me complaining how they come to work smelling like bologna with their stringy hair sopping wet dripping all over the place.
    my fotki

[url="http://public.fotki.com/shealeytonia/all-natural-with-so/"]http://public.fotki.com/shealeytonia/all-natural-with-so/[/url]

Coco_P is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wore my hair today in an afro pony tail. My charge nurse had nerve to say "WOW I guess we are working with Anjamima today!" I said nothing. :brickwall: I am ashamed at the ignorance people display toward the black culture. I am proud of my nappy head, and that b!%@# had no right to say that. I took the issue to HR but I had to come home and tell my other nappy sisters. :Angry:
    [/b]

I also think that you did the right thing to just keep cool and go to HR. She would have gotten the message if you had come back at her with an equally rude and inappropriate remark. But why stoop to her level? Work is not the place. Let HR handle it and she&#39;ll get the message and a warning about her behavior.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work in th ER, and I would like to say that she had no right saying anything like that even if she was thinking it. The white people at my job HATE it when I wear an afro to work, because everyone gives me the black power fist as I&#39;m walking down the hall, and it bothers them. I will tell you that I have had people on a couple of occassions say it was unprofessional for me to wear an afro, and I promptly told them that I don&#39;t have to wear my hair straight to gain acceptance from them,and if they have a problem with how my hair naturally is then that&#39;s their problem, and they shouldn&#39;t look if it bothers them so much. I also added that you don&#39;t hear me complaining how they come to work smelling like bologna with their stringy hair sopping wet dripping all over the place.[/b]
    :unsure: :lol:
    "Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that but the really great make you feel that you too can be great." Mark Twain

[color=#6600CC]NP member since April 2003[/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shealeytonia View Post
    I work in th ER, and I would like to say that she had no right saying anything like that even if she was thinking it. The white people at my job HATE it when I wear an afro to work, because everyone gives me the black power fist as I'm walking down the hall, and it bothers them. I will tell you that I have had people on a couple of occassions say it was unprofessional for me to wear an afro, and I promptly told them that I don't have to wear my hair straight to gain acceptance from them,and if they have a problem with how my hair naturally is then that's their problem, and they shouldn't look if it bothers them so much. I also added that you don't hear me complaining how they come to work smelling like bologna with their stringy hair sopping wet dripping all over the place.
    BWAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! That was just too funny. I cosign!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't mind me asking, what was her ethnic background?

I am glad you took it to HR, because I would have took it to HR and above.

The good in me:
    She would have lost her job over it.

The b*tch in me:
    I would have gave it to her raw!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^love that

so was she just talked to?
    Nubian Goddess

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I THINK SHE OWS YOU AN FACE TO FACE APOLOGY. And when she starts talking that.. I was only joking thing, that's when you walk away. But she Needs to apologize, so she can learn. The next time her mouth starts going before her brain, she'll think to raing it back in. It meaning her toung. uuuhhh.... I have very little patience for ignorant grown ups, and NO respect.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alastri View Post
    why is it so common for us to be defined by our hair?

geesh. glad you reported it.

Now this is a good question. hhhmmmm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast