Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you've used both which do you prefer as far as defining curls? I like Miss Jessie's Curly pudding, but it's soooo expensive, and I have to use a lot in order for me to get my hair the way I want. Supposedly it goes hand it hand with the Butter creme, but that's almost 70 a jar!

Mixed Chicks is only 15 a bottle. I haven't tried it yet though.

Any other cheaper products out there that works like Miss Jessies?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kinky curly curling custard $25 a jar.

and wet set pudding i think you can buy it sistasplace.biz

i *think*
    Thanks to my angel who made me PANK again!!!

nedney is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you asked about mixed chicks vs. miss jessie curly pudding, (i haven't tried them), but i do like the wet set pudding by curls by sister smith and curly frizz pudding by blended beauty of the two i like the wet set pudding the best by sister smith and it's a lot cheaper.
    "I am not fat...I am traditionally built and many men like it this way." ~ The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've used mixed chicks before and I think it works pretty well. I wouldn't say it's the best product ever, but I wasn't mad that I paid the $$$ for it.
    Pros:
    It gives a lot of curl definition
    It acts as a gel with soft hold, no flaking
    Cons:
    I shake n go in the shower and it's difficult to distribute into wet hair if you use too much. It's hard to gauge just how much you need. If you use too little, parts of your hair aren't covered and they get frizzy.
    If you don't mix it in well enough, your curl-ends might have a whitish tinge to them.

I think the best "hold"/condish product I've used thus far is Oyin Shine and Define. I used to like mixed chicks the best (when I could put the right amount in) but Oyin Shine and Define gives me the same results with no worries about rubbing it in enough. HTH

^^^Sorry, I forgot to add that I haven't used both. If your desire is a medium hold gel/moisturizer I would go with it. Plus they send you samples with the order!
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/PharmLee/"]http://public.fotki.com/PharmLee/[/url]