Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm just over here :lol: because you all are assuming the character was originally written to be black. it wasn't.
    i think it's funny because people will complain that there aren't any juicy roles for sisters in movies with good stories but then other people will complain that's it's a sister in a juicy role that was written for a woman to be a woman not a color.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to see Halle Berry's movie because of the simple fact that, Oscar or no, she can't act! [/b]
    ditto that. she's a tired bore.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm just over here :lol: because you all are assuming the character was originally written to be black. it wasn't.
    i think it's funny because people will complain that there aren't any juicy roles for sisters in movies with good stories but then other people will complain that's it's a sister in a juicy role that was written for a woman to be a woman not a color.
    [/b]
    Yep. I saw a TV interview with the director and Halle in which they discussed the fact that this part was not originally written for a black woman (or a woman of colour in general), but that she decided to choose Halle because of the emotions etc. she would bring to the role. Halle went on to say that it was nice to actually get a part in Hollywood without having to worry about the racial categorization and gymnastics that prohibit many black actors from getting parts simply because the character itself was not written to be black.

I am not sure if I will see this film. If I do see it, it will be more so b/c Benicio Del Toro is in it and I find him interesting....I got nothin' against Halle, but her role in this film doesn't really pique my interest.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with all of your points, OP. After her sick role and performance in Monster's Ball, I lost all respect for Halle as an actress. I even understood B.A.P.S. She was goin' through some thangs at the time. I will not going to see this movie or any movie of hers...unless TP casts her. Then I'm forced to see her.

Black folks were hot @ her after MB. There was even a petition online to boycott all her future movies. The 30 folks who signed it were serious! http://www.petitiononline.com/halleno/petition.html
    My Travel Blog | October 2007 Napptural of the Month (still looking for the link)

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."
    ~Rita Mae Brown, Venus Envy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if she could borrow a cup or two of acting chops from angela bassett (who i think overacts enough for 2.5 people in every movie she's in) then halle would be a'ight.
    [/b]
    Wow. I thought I was the only one who thought this about Angela.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57959681@N06/sets/72157626364769490/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I'm just not interested. It reminded me too much of Monster's Ball and I didn't even SEE MB. I just don't want to be bothered. But if someone on here says its good, I may give it a shot.
    She whom the Son sets free is free indeed!

[url="http://www.myspace.com/shys1stgirl"]Myspace![/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ditto that. she's a tired bore.
    [/b]

Agreed! After I saw her in Queen I was like I think she is one of the most overrated actresses EVER.
    Liberated from suffering and search
    I have tied myself to the skirt of God.
    If I fly, I look at the summits I ascend.
    If I go around in circle
    I observe the axis on which I revolve.
    If I am dragged by a burden,
    I know where I go.
    For I am the moon, and the sun is my guide

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually want to see it. I didn't want to see MB, but this looks interesting to me. Nothing to do with Halle, even though I do like her... except as Storm in X-Men but that's a whole different thread.
    <div align="center">"A man who truly, sincerely loves you, will adore you, will think of bein&#39; with no other and he&#39;ll respect you and your privacy. He&#39;ll be more than eager to hear all you have to tell him but he will understand and respect your need for space."
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...s/003th8zb.jpg</div>

Nappy since 11/24/06!

http://public.fotki.com/the-tigress/ pw: teigra Updated: 11/14/08

Follow Me (Twitter)!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt I&#39;ll see it. I may catch it on cable just for Benicio. She does ok at the whole grief-stricken thing, but Halle is nothing special IMO, acting-wise. The premise of the film doesn&#39;t seem that compelling.

Besides "Monster&#39;s Ball", this film also reminds me of "21 Grams" which also starred Benicio, Sean Penn and Naomi Watts as a woman grieving her dead husband and kids.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hale rolling around in the bed naked with a White dude.

Nothing new.
    [/b]
    :lol: :lol: And I bet it&#39;s an ugly one. Why can&#39;t she roll around with someone like George Clooney or Brad Pitt?

Damn, ya&#39;ll are playing her like Julia Stiles with another black dude.
    [/b]
    LMAO that is hilarious! Y&#39;all are crazy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast