Thread: Inspirational

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just retwisted my hair, it looks voluminous and thick. I have noticed my friends acting strange lately, they seem irritable etc I sat one of them down and asked what was wrong. The following conversation ensued

Me: Okay. Whats going on? You are pretty irritable
    Her: Nothing. I dont know (she pauses) You look great
    Me: Thanks. Why are you irritable about me looking great
    Her: You look African (she notices me blink as I AM African) What I mean is you look like a young princess
    Me: (Starting to get the picture) Oh. You know black hair is greatly misunderstood, if more black people understood the power and possibilities of their own hair, chemical fire cream companies would be in deficit
    Her: You had a chance. You have been natural for most of your life. I have never had a chance (I think she started on the chemicals at a young age)

I show her a pic of different hairstyles etc I also show her this site and leave her to it for awhile. I return and I swear there are tears in her eyes

She is going to put her hair in braids for the first year for an easyish transition and then I will help her from there or she can browse these sites and other. She has just had her hair put into canerows. That is a major step as she has never had them done before. She always said I looked stunning with my canerow extensions but said they would never suit her I guess her seeing me with my natural hair in twists without an extension in sight has shown her that I do not look like some sort of a wild beast

My other friend has always wanted to travel (long journeys across the globe but her relaxed tresses had always stopped her) as she was always wondering where to get her roots and hair maintained if she was in the Sahara desert or Coober Pedy, Australia. She is aware of a lot of the journeys I have done (I am doing loads more next year) and the itch began to get to her. I showed her pics of myself in twists and canerows (got some Ecaudor chick to canerow as I am awful) and she was amazed. She is leaving for the South Pacific for a 6 month backpacking trip, has 3 inches of growth and has just put micro braids in her hair and chopped the relaxed ends off

So some people might question your motive for wearing your hair natural like you need justification but others want to do it and just need to see you looking good

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is GREAT! I am so glad that you were able to figure out what was going on and be an inspiration to her. I am talking with the young lady who corn rowed my hair. She is 16 and wondered "how can you not relax your hair." I told her that for me it was easy (and oh boy bring on the good hair talk). I told showed her some of the ladies hair on this site and she was stunned. She is going to be my braider so I have a lot of time to give her all the info she may ask for. Kudos! We are all an inspiration!
    [b][i]<div align="center">"You must never give in to despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength." -Uncle Iroh</div> [/i][/b]

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is beautiful,thanks for sharing
    STILL keeping it knotty 1 day at a time ... since '03
    locked since '06
    KnottyAuthor aka Cheleski

The Knotty Truth Series: The OG natural hair care book series on natural hair,culture & science