Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, I am DaBlackLady. I've begun my transitioning phase since May of this year. I've constantly considered going napptural for quite some time but never had the motivation to do it until a realization that the amount of hair on my head kept shrinking due to constant breakage, no matter how much I cared for it. On top of that, since I'm away at college, it's harder for me to keep up on the bi-monthly perms. At this point in time, I am at 2 inches in nappy growth and is loving it. I haven't done a BC, but I plan on doing so probably next May, depending on the amount of growth I have.

I pray that with everyone's support and inspiration, I'll stick and continue on this journey. It's hard because I'm so used to permed hair, but I embrace natural hair as well.

BC: Nov. 29, 2007
    Locs: Dec. 07, 2011
    BC #2: July 11, 2018

Member since November 2007

Virginia-Between Richmond and VA Beach...
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, I am DaBlackLady. I've begun my transitioning phase since May of this year. I've constantly considered going napptural for quite some time but never had the motivation to do it until a realization that the amount of hair on my head kept shrinking due to constant breakage, no matter how much I cared for it. On top of that, since I'm away at college, it's harder for me to keep up on the bi-monthly perms. At this point in time, I am at 2 inches in nappy growth and is loving it. I haven't done a BC, but I plan on doing so probably next May, depending on the amount of growth I have.

I pray that with everyone's support and inspiration, I'll stick and continue on this journey. It's hard because I'm so used to permed hair, but I embrace natural hair as well.
    [/b]
    Welcome Sistah...I had re.laxed hair for over 21 years and have been nappy for 2 years this month... you can do it... the same way that a permie has good and bad hair days, some of us experience that as well... just take your time and check out Nappturality: the forums the picture albums of our members... we are here to help... Nappy=freedom from the lye and no-lye (re.laxers)....
    Stay strong--I promise u that when u do chop the relax.er off you will be amazed with the TRUE beauty of your hair...again, welcome ^_^
    5 Years of Nappiness as of Nov 26, 2010 and this is my 5th year on Nappturality!

Trust in God NO MATTER WHAT!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope your journey is a good one, welcome.