Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Hello everyone! I'm new here, but I've already been posting somewhat, and just came across the intro section. Ive already posted my why I decided to go natural in another post. But to make a long story short, ive actaully been considering going natural since 2001, but never had enough knowledge or guts to do it. But after a perm/chemical fire cream in May of '06 that left my hair permanently damaged,I decided I never wanted to relax again! With the help of you ladies and sites like this Ive decided that I can be natural too

I still have tons of questions, but most of them are getting answered on this site. But I was having a discussion with a friend that I cant seem to find the answer to. I was trying to encourage my co-worker/friend who is considering going natural to do it with me so we can support each other. She said, "I cant do it because my hair is too nappy. You have good hair. I can tell because your hair curls up when its wet." Now there was so many things wrong with that statement I didnt know where to begin, but I did tell her that the way my hair looks now wet or dry probably does not indicate at all how my hair will look natural because I still have chemical fire cream in my hair (my last cfc was in september 07). She argued this because she said that even relaxed her hair appears coarse when wet and naturally it would only "kink" tighter. We went back and forth about it for awhile, but she kept bringing up other girls whose hair natural looked similar to how thier hair looked wet when it was relaxed. I still dont believe her, but it was an interesting thought, since I have absolutely no idea what my hair texture is like without a chemical fire cream. Sad, I know Ladies, does any of your natural textures resemble the way it looked when wet w/ chemical fire cream or is it totally different? (Ps- I hope it does look different, because I think the "curls" she is referring to in my wet relaxed hair look more like lifeless, limp noodles to me, lol)
    Just had my 3rd nappiversary on December 26, 2010...Having a Nappy New Year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the family and to answer your question, my hair texture was similar but soon after it took on a new softer fuller texture. I guess everyone is different, only time will tell lady so good luck on your journey.