Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

I've been looking on the internet and researching locs and locticians. Does anybody know of any (good and professional) locticians in and around NYC. I'm ready to loc and I don't trust myself to start them on my own. I live in Brooklyn, so this is preferred, but am willing to go anywhere around the city. Price is also a factor, someone once quoted $50, another $150.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

thanks!

Life is a script, you're the writer. Take control!

[url="http://divinemel.blogspot.com/"]http://divinemel.blogspot.com/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Brooklyn, I know of:

Tabeel - 718.398.4959 (5th Avenue in the Slope)
    Rennaissance Hairtopia - 718.422.7733 (also on 5th Ave., about 2 blocks from Tabeel)
    Locksmyths - 718.638.6444 (Greene Ave. in Clinton Hill)
    Khamit Kinks - 718.422.2600 (Gold Street, downtown near Metrotech); I got my locs started there. The only thing I didn't like, was that they used brown gel. $90 for starters, if you go on Tues. or Wed., otherwise $105.

You'll have to call for prices and remember to add tax on to whatever price the give you.

There are a few other places in Brooklyn - I just don't know them. I really liked Tabeel, though I only visited her once. A friend has been going to Locksmyths for years and her locs are beautiful. I don't personally know anyone that's been to Hairtopia.

I only go in for maintenance every couple or 3 months, but the woman I see is in the Bronx - Natty Dreadz. This works for me, right now, because one of our offices is in East Harlem - so, I can make an appointment when I know I'm going to be up there.

If you do a general search for "Brooklyn"under the Locs and Salon boards, you should come up with more.

HTH
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
    - Martin Luther King Jr. </span>

<span style="color:#990000">Fotki - Last Updated 10/14/07

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Brooklyn, I know of:

Tabeel - 718.398.4959 (5th Avenue in the Slope)
    Rennaissance Hairtopia - 718.422.7733 (also on 5th Ave., about 2 blocks from Tabeel)
    Locksmyths - 718.638.6444 (Greene Ave. in Clinton Hill)
    Khamit Kinks - 718.422.2600 (Gold Street, downtown near Metrotech); I got my locs started there. The only thing I didn&#39;t like, was that they used brown gel. $90 for starters, if you go on Tues. or Wed., otherwise $105.

You&#39;ll have to call for prices and remember to add tax on to whatever price the give you.

There are a few other places in Brooklyn - I just don&#39;t know them. I really liked Tabeel, though I only visited her once. A friend has been going to Locksmyths for years and her locs are beautiful. I don&#39;t personally know anyone that&#39;s been to Hairtopia.

I only go in for maintenance every couple or 3 months, but the woman I see is in the Bronx - Natty Dreadz. This works for me, right now, because one of our offices is in East Harlem - so, I can make an appointment when I know I&#39;m going to be up there.

If you do a general search for "Brooklyn"under the Locs and Salon boards, you should come up with more.

HTH
    [/b]
    Thanks so much,

I was seriously thinking about Natty Dreadz to start. What are your experiences? Have you enjoyed the services?

Life is a script, you&#39;re the writer. Take control!

[url="http://divinemel.blogspot.com/"]http://divinemel.blogspot.com/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much,

I was seriously thinking about Natty Dreadz to start. What are your experiences? Have you enjoyed the services?
    [/b]
    Hello i went to natty dreadz in the Bronx i had wanted to start my lock last year so i called them up she told me to come by for a consultation i went i already had my hair twisted she said to me oh you know you can start dreadz this way i said no well she coaxed me into doing my hair that same day of the consultation i really wasnt ready yet. Any way it was a decent job not the best i never went back i later got my hair started at Renassaince Hairtophia in Brooklyn let me warn you its pretty costly there the lady that started my hair charged me about 90 bucks i maintained my hair there for about six months until i was able to do it on my own. Ive also ben on a search for someone that can do my hair at at reasonable rate like the 50 dollards you suggested I think ive found someone there located in brooklyn and they say its about 45 dollars there in boroklyn I&#39;m going to try her in about two weeks if you like ill give you her number just respond to my post. you can also visit my loc ablum at www.fotki.com/baqueen28.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i called a couple places in bk when i was on the search, i live in queens............ whether prices low or high i question what they use ........ lady charge 45 uses brown gel
    some 90s 100s 110s 75s 50s }to start i when with the lady in queens i got the recommendation for she charged 110 to start and 70 to maintain fo the size i originally had with this lady at this shop others in that same shop may have different prices maybe lower

that lady in bk that charge 45 said i could bring my own product.......dont know what product i would use to begin with and washing my hair wasn&#39;t even included in that..... .now if that is true i seen what they call washing if they aren&#39;t doing so to begin with half azz wash

i wanted to start the right way to begin with

others before i found the lady in queens either use brown gel, cost to much, sound like a hole in the wall
    “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
    -Marilyn Monroe
    www.onlybme.wordpress.com

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much,

[/b]
    I enjoy going there. Sandra does a good job with my hair. To be fair, I also enjoyed going to Tabeel, though I only went once. Both of these women have great personalities and know what they&#39;re doing, though their methods differ, slightly.

Remember, though, that my experiences may differ from your&#39;s - depending on what you&#39;re looking for.

HTH
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
    - Martin Luther King Jr. </span>

<span style="color:#990000">Fotki - Last Updated 10/14/07