Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone,

I came across this site today doing some research on my son. Some of you discussed my situation so I joined. I have had locks for 2 years now and so has my husband. My son is 3years old and he has locks too. He loves his hair because he looks like is daddy as he would say. I am so glad I found this site. There are so many of us out here that need support when trying to go natural. I have been natural for about 10 years now so this is good for me.

It is really funny how society(whites) feel intimidate by our hair. It's as if they only won't to deal with us if we look like them or the way they think we are suppose to look. My son's school had written in their student handbook, the twisiting of hair was unacceptable. Why? How does that effect his education and he is only 3. My husband is a EMT for one of the local counties. They are always riding him about his hair, but according to his handbook he can have it like that, but it bothers them so much that they are always asking him if he is ever going to cut them off.

Another thing that bothers me...Black folk that call you nappy, or do't understand why you would do that to your hair. I ask them why are you doing that to your hair. Why are we so afraid to embrace our culture and be happy with our natural state of being. I tell you what I'm happy i'm nappy and ain't ashamed to say it, show it, wear it or be it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that's right! Why do they still feel the need to control by telling people how to wear their hair. If we said you cant wear your hair straight....it must be curly then that would be a problem. We are the way God made us....accept it or leave it alone. I feel really good that I have converted 2 people so far into becoming natural. One person at a time...thats all we can do, lol. They will get it one day.