User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Oil

tann Guest

Default No Oil

What is the No Oil routine or can someone point out a link? I went to Ourhair.com but did not really see where the routine starts or how you go about doing it, just saw a discussion about it. Help me please.

naturalrn Guest

http://ourhair.net/snips_oil.htm

This page should explain the no-oil method to you in detail.
    HTH

dream*kailee Guest

Has any one with course, coily hair found that no oil works? That is to say the 4a's, 4b's, etc etc

Curlysaurus Guest

I know that TeaKyoo is on the no oil routine and it has worked great for her. She's a member here (with a photo album). My hair still loves a little oil (shea butter and the stuff in CD MHH )

ETA she hasn't added her album here yet but I'm sure she'd be happy to share if she's pm'd.

Imara Guest

I am a 4a/3c and I haven't really used any oil in over a year and my hair is much better for it!!!!! If you have anymore questions please let me know

tann Guest

thank you ladies for your replys, now I understand the 'no oil'

krazeenapps Guest

I am a 4a/3c and I haven't really used any oil in over a year and my hair is much better for it!!!!! If you have anymore questions please let me know
    Imara, how has your hair been on no oil in comparison to when you used to oil it? How is your hair better? I thought I had this no oil stuff under control, but now I've fallen off. Maybe I shouldn't be doing it. :?

TeaKyoo Guest

Default 4a/4b medium to coarse hair OS on NO OIL

[b]4a/4b here...on the no oil routine. I love it. But I am the Conditioner Queen plus I rinse my hair at least 3-4 x a week. So water is very important on this routine.

I don't do much with homemade concoctions though but I am interested in honey recipes and making my own conditioner sans oils/butters.

But I am on the very little to no oil routine.

TQ

babyblue Guest

Default Re: 4a/4b medium to coarse hair OS on NO OIL

[quote][b]4a/4b here...on the no oil routine. I love it. TQ

TeaKyoo

what products are you using on this No Oil routine and what is your hair regimine. I want to see if my hair can survive on this routine. Thanks.

krazeenapps Guest

[quote]Has any one with course, coily hair found that no oil works? That is to say the 4a's, 4b's, etc etc

I'm pretty much 4b. I've been on it for several days now (HA! Like that's enough time to tell), but with just putting my homemade leave-in moisturizing spray, my hair has had no complaints. My hair actually feels better, my scalp is doing fine producing a small amount of oils, and my scalp doesn't have the build-up that it did when I would oil. And my forehead has cleared up (might've happened before this, though). I think I just might stick with no oil, and use oils just for pre-washing, because my hair looooves that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast