Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Hey yall! Im thinking about going natural...I havent had a chemical fire cream for 6 wks. What are some short hair styles ((like nia long/halle berry short)) I could wear? I know there are more options for longer hair like roller sets and straw sets but can short hair look good in those type of styles also? Any help is appreciated!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short hair will definitely look good in strawsets. If your hair is long enough to rollerset, you can probably rock that too. You can also try wearing extensions for a few months - individual braids, box braids, kinky twists, etc. Or you can rock a couple of wigs. As your new growth gets longer, you can also try bantu knots or faux afros.
    [color=#000099][b]Transitioned 10 months ... NEWLY NAPPTURAL as of 02/01/2008 [/b][/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey yall! Im thinking about going natural...I havent had a chemical fire cream for 6 wks. What are some short hair styles ((like nia long/halle berry short)) I could wear? I know there are more options for longer hair like roller sets and straw sets but can short hair look good in those type of styles also? Any help is appreciated!
    [/b]
    Congratulations for thinking of going natural. You can do wigs, weaves or braids. You can also just condition, wash and do a straw set, but you will just have to cut them down very short...the straws that is. You can do headbands and headwraps too especially when the new growth comes in.. ALSO since your hair is already short you can just consider doing the BC since your hair is already short...cut out the middle man. Just my opinion. :wub:
    Below is a link to my BC pics from 11/19/2007
    http://www.picturetrail.com/photos/kymberleea1

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A former short hair transistioner chiming in!! To answer your question, short hair will look nice with straw sets. At most I probably had about 1.5-2 inches of hair when I decided to transition. While transitioning, my main hair style options were straw sets and headwraps, which I wore for 3 months. I liked the advantage of having short hair because I didn't experience length shock once I big chopped. Here is how I wore my hair throughout most of my transistion ----- >Month 1 & Month 2 .

Be sure to check out the pinned at the very top of the board for even more information.