Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an experience at my previous job and I just wanted to share it.

I decided to loc in early summer '06. And might I add am still PROUDLY loc'd!

So I was still in college but got an internship which put me in a management position. I had another manager (white) notice that I was starting to loc (mind you I had been natural for a year up until this point).
    He said to me, "Did you ask the 'Big Boss' if you could do that to your hair?"
    My response,"Why would I need to ask him about something that has no bearing whatsoever on my work performance?"
    His response: Shrugged shoulders and silence.

Why must people question things that have no connection to work? I mean really, I don't ask him why he decided to wear a blue tie instead of a red one. I was always clean in my appearance. I just don't get it!
    [url="http://www.public.fotki.com/UrbnBohemian"]Fotki Album - - No PW needed[/url]

"People with opinions just go around bothering one another."
    ~Buddha

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was this recent? I would have asked him, "did you ask the Big Boss if YOU could do THAT to your hair???""
    He proposed! I'm getting hitched in November!

http://i44.tinypic.com/316lxmd.gif

Lady-N-Black Guest

Was this recent? I would have asked him, "did you ask the Big Boss if YOU could do THAT to your hair???""
    [/b]
    That would have been funny!

I was thinking about this the other day. I am locing and they are quite large (about 23 locs in total) It is unfortunate that I am worried about how easily I will be able find a job simply because I won't fit in with the straight and neat standard. Whats so unsightly about dreadlocked hair? We seriously need to demand that people change their standards.

The way people think is alarming! I mean its 2007. There are two threads in the News section about two little boys (one in Texas and one in Maryland) who got kicked out of school because of their prohibited/distracting hair styles- Dreadlocs and a fresh cut with a swirl above one ear. Its scary.