Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A post from my loc board!!!!! I know.. I know.. It's that time of year again where we make resolutions to lose weight, stop smoking, stop drinking, get a new job :blah: . However, I would like to know what resolutions do you have for your hair for 2008? Do you want to grow it out, stop manipulating it so much, cut it off, color it, freeform, latch, twist, wear protective styles, etc.etc..etc???

Chime in and let us all know what your plans are for your 2008 hair, so we can watch op: and support you while you achieve it!!!!

Don't be scared!!!!

:Cool_049:
    :bow:
    "Be who you are, Be-lieve in yourself: Just Be!"
    [I][color=purple]I AM IASADE[/color]

Walking in God's Grace and Mercy Forever!!!!
    [b]hair type[/b]: 4
    [b]current length[/b]: 5 inches
    [b]Current style [/b]: New braidlocks 11/08
    See My Blog: [url="http://haircritique.blogspot.com/"]http://haircritique.blogspot.com/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my hair resolution is to be in protectives until december 2008
    no "out" styles at all

i want to retain as much length as i can

so, i'll also be getting rid of my comb/brush
    and detangling in sections w/ my fingers and conditioner under running water from now on.

i also want to improve my inner health
    which of course will also help with outer stuff like hair.

GO GO POWER RANGERS!

[url="http://www.thehungersite.com"][b]The HUNGER Site[/b][/url]

<3,
    ...*Lekyta

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair resolution for 2008 would be to try some new styles....experiment more with different products too. I would also maybe like to cut off just a little bit more.....hmmm... lol
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/myzzvicky/"]http://public.fotki.com/myzzvicky/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look forward to taking care of myself more in 2008. To really, truly make an effort--in all areas. This includes haircare. Once and for all, I&#39;d like to decide what to do. And so, whether it&#39;s coloring--I&#39;ve had the materials for weeks...Or a new style--a friend said she&#39;d help me redo my dreads...I figure I&#39;m old enough to have some sort of comfortable rhythm...
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let&#39;s see,

I am going to start taking better care of my hair. I invested in some new products (I was never a product girl) So I got a new shampoo and conditioner. A leave - in, and some miss jessie&#39;s baby buttercreme (I really like it).

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my hair resolution is to be in protectives until december 2008
    <strike>no "out" styles at all</strike> "out" styles worn with minimal manipulation for 3 days max

i want to retain as much length as i can

so, i&#39;ll also be getting rid of my <strike>comb</strike>/brush
    and detangling in sections w/ my fingers and conditioner under running water from now on.

i also want to improve my inner health
    which of course will also help with outer stuff like hair. [/b]
    (LBell takes runrunrunner&#39;s resolution and run run runs...) :bolt:
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GO GO POWER RANGERS!
    [/b]
    ^_^ This is too cute! Got the Power Rangers song stuck in my head now :lol:

My resolutions this year are to:

1) Retain some length. Every time I get around 6 months of growth I get "scared" or something and grab the scissors. I resolve to let it flow and let it grow (but keep up with the trim jobs).

2) Use more products. I have a real minimalist approach to keeping my hair managable. I&#39;m relying on JAM hair gel, Nexxus Humectress and Sta Sof Fro to keep me going, when I should be a little more adventerous when it comes to my hair. ^_^ I found out my hair loves Wild Growth Oil! Who knows what else it likes, until I try it?

3) Do the protective thang. As much fun as it is to pick and play in my fro, I want to find some good styles to keep my hair safe and warm this winter. I resolve to find some cool styles that last at least 2 weeks and will help me trudge through the dreary winter months in style

4) Most importantly, I want to have the healthiest hair I&#39;ve had in my life. That means no heat, no products with alcohol or sodium laurel sulfate (even though my clarifying shampoo has both of these things :unsure: as does my dandruff shampoo). I&#39;d like to learn how to become a kitchen beautician and start making my own hair care products. ^_^
    "Keep on growin..." Derek & The Dominoes

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hair Resolution for 2008.....Well my first and biggest was to find a place online with information about Natural Hair. And so far this seems like a great place to get lots of info. Decided to create a login this morning. I haven&#39;t had a chemical fire cream in a year. And yet have not have a significant breakage (so far). My resolution would be to continue growing my hair and learning to work with instead of against the texture.
    Last re.laxer Dec 2006
    BC'd Jan 25, 2008
    2nd BC June 2012

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Napp-a-lution for 2008:

1) Get regular trims. (maybe 3-4 times each year).

2) Use the same products. I already know what works for my hair so, I would like to continue to use those and not be tempted to try more.

3) Learn how to style my hair. I want to add some variation. Maybe learn cornrows, revisit flat twists, and learn how to do gorgeous 2 strand twists. (If anyone has any tutorials, please let me know)

4) Continue to be happliy nappy.
    ~ Last chemical fire cream: October 2006 ~
    ~ Big Chop: July 3, 2007 ~
    ~ 3 years NAPPY and oh so HAPPY ~

I finally have a Fotki! http://public.fotki.com/SChiLady/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I plan to wear more protective styles since my hair is past shoulder-length now. Everytime i got to about two inches past shoulder it broke off so Ima retain length retain legnth and retain summore length!!!! I got serious HIFD so ima try more styles that would keep me from doin that.

I&#39;d also like to get to APL by the end of this year....but the way my hair grows if i surpass that that&#39;d be great too!

Also...cut down on comb usage. shoot....cut down on comb....pick.....brush usage!!! I wanna keep as much hair as possible :lol: hm......if i think of more ill tell yall!
    2nd Nappiversary October 30, 2009! Check out my fotki! Updated 3/5/10! Enjoy! No pw!
    Username: QueenVictoria

Hit up my twitter! Username: THEVictoriaMack

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast