Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, I am new to this forum and website. Been reading peoples natural hair stories and decided to add mine

Even though I have read a lot of people stories about loving the natural look, wearing the locks, cornrolls, afros, tossing the perms out the window, me personally I just don't like locs, cornrolls, dreads, etc on my hair and I just have to have straight hair because it's easier to manage.

I had worn perms almost my whole life, and over the years my hair become damaged and unmanagable, so 3 years ago I moved to California and was introduced to the "weave" (smile) Me trying to fit in, started wearing them and by accident just let my natural hair grow out, not on purpose but didn't feel the need to add perm because it was going to be all braided up anyway. Well after 3 straight years of wearing extensions, I took them out permanenty 3 days ago, so that I could see try and wear my own hair again. And it was extremely thick and LONG. This was the longest my hair had been in over 30 years. I didn't know what to do with myself. I then faced a dilemma. I still wanted the relaxed look without the chemicals in my hair, so I stared doing research on natural relaxers without the chemicals,"NON-Chemical" perms, etc. The ones that I found were Naturalrelaxer, Natural-Laxer Mix, PhytoSpecific, The Bodifphier. So after much research, reading, asking others, I decided on the Bodifpheir and placed the order.

Well before my order came, I decided to have it flat-ironed to see how my natural hair would look and I was floored because it was long past my shoulders and it looked like I had gotten a fresh perm. I realized then that my hair could be managed without any chemicals in my hair. Only thing is that it gets frizzy but I am still trying to get to know my hair again, so I will be trying different products for natural hair, reading on tips/suggestions, books. At that point I had decided that I wouldn't be putting anything in my hair and to just keep it natural by roller setting or flat ironed it a few times a week to keep it straight. Hopefully I can find alternative hair styles to keep the heat off my hair per week to a minimum so that I can keep it healthy. Although I could go to the cornrolls, locs, etc I just don't like the way they look on my hair and working in corporate america, I would feel uncomfortable.

But all in all I am glad that i don't have any more junk in my hair anymore and it goes to show that your hair can grow if you keep chemicals out of it and to keep it natural. Although I like it straight more.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to NP! My oldest daughter is natural but wears her hair straight. Wet sets are good but you can also do a twist out or braid out. Both look nice and are a great way to relieve your hair from the heat.

http://public.fotki.com/yemani/

passcode: msyem

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to NP! My oldest daughter is natural but wears her hair straight. Wet sets are good but you can also do a twist out or braid out. Both look nice and are a great way to relieve your hair from the heat.

http://public.fotki.com/yemani/

passcode: msyem
    [/b]

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I may try some alternative styles like maybe braids or twists. Especially during the summer.